1995? Fat Chance Yo Eddy

David Gibson

Senior Retro Guru
I just got this but I don't really know the year. The serial number says
yo ml 351. Anybody have an idea of the year?
Anyway, I'll be changing some things about this bike... for instance the stem is monstrously long, so I'll have to get a shorter one. The seatpost is a Kalloy and I will put something better in. I might put cantilevers on as well. I will also probably put on my Syncros Revolution crank.

Attachments

• yoeddy1.jpg
    yoeddy1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,734
Very nice :cool: .

Are those Avid arch ultimate brakes? The Revo cranks would be awesome. I want some for my yo, if you change your mind about them I would be interested in buying them ;)

:D
Dave

what does the decal at the base of the seat tube says? massachussets or new york?
swap the seat post. it does not do the bike justice. the stem seems like a 150mm. too long indeed.
it's a medium large yo.

yo eddy

There is no consensus on Fat Cogs as to what year this is. Some people say '94, some say '95, and others say '96.
It's a Saratoga New York frame for any of you that are interested.

Looks very cool whatever the year, how does it fit? The long stem seems to have been the cause of the seat so far forward on its rails.

yo eddy

kaiser":1h97s7dq said:
Looks very cool whatever the year, how does it fit? The long stem seems to have been the cause of the seat so far forward on its rails.

Yes, you are correct. I pushed the seat forward because of the stem. Otherwise, it fits great.

Killer bike! I love team saphire fade! I have 2 Yo's myself. What is the serial number? The year is very easy to tell from the serial. Usually the last number is the year is was made.

Back