Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Wow, that's in great condition for a 1994 machine, RockiMtn. It's a pity that the bike isn't your sister's "cup of tea", but then not everybody likes the retro look.

P.S. I love the obscure 90s computer joke on the tyres... "A:\DRIVE", "B:\DRIVE" 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

actually, it has nothing to do with it looking or being "retro". it has all to do with the colour! she's being very picky. she wanted a white, silver or maybe a pink bike. she loves my wife's bike but there's no chance my wife would give that up! nor would i let her! :lol: :twisted:

she's passed up quite a few nicely spec'd and in my opinion, nice looking bikes solely because of the colour. and they're not as easy to find given the size she needs. only reason she's even considering taking this bike is because of the price i negotiated and the fact i was the one who did all the leg work and picked up the bike. if she didn't want it, i was going to keep it and give it to the missus, even if she didn't want/need it! :wink:

case in point. at the present moment she's content with the bike, but she mentioned she didn't reallly like the colour of the front fork. i have another set of project 2 forks in black and said i could swap the fork, but she saw there was a yellow "joe murray" decal on it and said no just because of that. :roll:

i threw up my hands and gave up. i refuse to deface a perfectly nice set of p2 with the original decal on it because of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:16 am 
Retro Guru

RockiMtn wrote:
case in point. at the present moment she's content with the bike, but she mentioned she didn't reallly like the colour of the front fork.

Well that's a surprise -- I thought that white, silver or maybe pink were what she was looking for... :? If the worst comes to the worst, you can always tell your sister the price of having your local car-bodyshop re-spray the frame and forks to whatever colour she wants... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

:shock: NOOOoOOooooo... if she even REMOTELY comes close to doing that, i'll have to steal the bike back! :evil:

honestly, to pay for it to be repainted, she might as well go ahead with what she planned and buy a new bike comparable to this one. :roll:

but then again, it would probably cost her at least 3-4x what i paid for this one. :P

really can't understand how she doesn't like this beautiful "candy apple" red kona. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I love the old thumb shifters on this bike.

My first proper mtb was a 1993 Cinder Cone with the LX thumb shifters. They were sweet. I'd love to get a pair again actually, they were so simple...