Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
gibbleking wrote:
i always had mi bikes set up that way ...less chance of slamming the front brake on (me right handed).. 8)


The problem is not which way round the levers are, as of course the continent generally uses the reverse of the UK.

The issue is that by setting up the cable stop that way, when the brake is applied the fork will be compressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:51 am
Posts: 380
Tallpaul wrote:
gibbleking wrote:
i always had mi bikes set up that way ...less chance of slamming the front brake on (me right handed).. 8)


The problem is not which way round the levers are, as of course the continent generally uses the reverse of the UK.

The issue is that by setting up the cable stop that way, when the brake is applied the fork will be compressed.

& when the forks compress the brakes release. :roll:

Lovely looking build though, apart from the suicide brake. Not entirely sure about the white porcs, I think that may be just a bit too much colour for me.

EDIT: I missed the part about you still looking for a fork brace, I skipped the boring bit & made my way directly to the lovely picces. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
I like the red ano 8) I like the frame 8) Like the gears shifters 8)

And the carbon bits 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Whiskey bent & hellbound!
Sorry but not a fan, frame and components nice but IMO kind of spoilt by the wheels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:23 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 pm
Posts: 5946
Location: busy forgetting how to edge flip on a 11x11 monster cube///...
TSC. wrote:
Tallpaul wrote:
gibbleking wrote:
i always had mi bikes set up that way ...less chance of slamming the front brake on (me right handed).. 8)


The problem is not which way round the levers are, as of course the continent generally uses the reverse of the UK.

The issue is that by setting up the cable stop that way, when the brake is applied the fork will be compressed.

& when the forks compress the brakes release. :roll:

Lovely looking build though, apart from the suicide brake. Not entirely sure about the white porcs, I think that may be just a bit too much colour for me.

EDIT: I missed the part about you still looking for a fork brace, I skipped the boring bit & made my way directly to the lovely picces. :oops:





i missed that bit .....didnt see the headset fitted cable stop.my mind has been playing tricks again..been sniffing the pace grease too much


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 pm 
Gold Trader / Special
Gold Trader / Special
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm
Posts: 3169
Location: Leicestershire
Neil G wrote:
Sorry but not a fan, frame and components nice but IMO kind of spoilt by the wheels


agreed apart from the white porcs on those wheels it looks loverly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:45 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:48 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Hampshire
ooooooooooooooooooooooo thats a nice one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 pm 
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
.o.T.M Triple Crown Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Posts: 3135
Location: Sunny South of France
Is it the chrismas Merlin ?
I don't like red ano parts on titanium. It's not my cup of tea…
:?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 1237
hang it on the wall :-) I know I shouldnt like it but i do :-) good work


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 179
Location: Asturias, Spain
24pouces wrote:
Is it the chrismas Merlin ?
I don't like red ano parts on titanium. It's not my cup of tea…
:?


It is my glass of wine, though.... :D :D :D :D


Stunning..
sizzling hot...

Cheers,
Chus

PUXA...!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group