stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
If this works.....

037008000184.jpg

If not try this...
http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=yfue6d&outx=800&quality=70

Damn! It'll let me use the thumbnail info but not the full picture info!??

Nice Merlin, attached the full picture below. What sort of year is it? Bet it weighs very very little :D

Posting pics from fotopic is a bit contrived, details here.

Attachments

• P9200027.JPG
    P9200027.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 6,758
Thanks!
It's a '96, I did weigh it when I built it up, hmm let me try and remember...I think it was 20 lbs dead or as near as dammit on the bathroom scales but my mate reckons it weighs less than his road bike which weighs less than that. Hmm can't imagine my bathroom scales being out can you? ;)
Either way it's a very light bike and nice to ride too.

20 lbs sounds about right - and is pretty damn lightweight for a MTB. Weight weenie and retro(ish) - good work :cool:

Thanks mate, yeah, retro ish... :( but it's getting older every day :D
I'm not really into weight weenie stuff, just things that look nice, lightness is a bonus that I can take or leave.
Still, I've got that 1990 Wicked in my grubby hands now! Proper classic eh? :LOL:
I'll get it blasted next week in prep for painting... hmm.. must get those decals from Wendyll ordered, I've heard they can take a while?

Cheers

Oh yeah, just remembered, if you hear of any suitable gear for the Wicked could you let me know? I'm scouring the net every day but I'm an impatient chap ;)

stevek":1c20fae6 said:
Oh yeah, just remembered, if you hear of any suitable gear for the Wicked could you let me know? I'm scouring the net every day but I'm an impatient chap ;)

Best thing to do is post a wanted ad here and on stw listing what you're after. Most people into their retro stuff normally have loads of spare kit floating about.

Look forward to seeing the Wicked. I have heard proper decals from Wendyll can take a while. If you want something quickly I can recommend Gil @ cycleshed's work.

Any joy with the Monster on mtb-news ? Not the easiest or most forth coming bloke to get in touch with. I've a load of pics of the frame if interested, was looking at buying it at one point. Unless it's something I'm really after if the seller doesn't show a bit of willing I generally let it slide...

If you want something quickly I can recommend Gil @ cycleshed's work.
I've already been in touch with Gil as he did me some decals for my Kona.
He says he needs some good quality photo's to work from and I can't seem to get hold of any. :( Unless you know where I can get some on the web or somebody has a copy on their pc?

No answer from the guy from mtb-news as yet...those Monsters hit the spot with me, very nice, would really prefer a different colour to white or pink though..NOT that there's anything wrong with those colours!! ;) I've just got conservative tastes I guess.....?

stevek":3cfys6vt said:
I've already been in touch with Gil as he did me some decals for my Kona.
He says he needs some good quality photo's to work from and I can't seem to get hold of any. :( Unless you know where I can get some on the web or somebody has a copy on their pc?

Ahh. That's a problem. You've already found probably the best source, fatcogs. Although there's a massive fat chance thread on mtbr if you can be bothered to trawl through that. Are you're decals too far gone for Gil to use?

stevek":3cfys6vt said:
No answer from the guy from mtb-news as yet...those Monsters hit the spot with me, very nice, would really prefer a different colour to white or pink though..NOT that there's anything wrong with those colours!! ;) I've just got conservative tastes I guess.....?

I think monsters in white looks great. I'm not rightly sure what other colours do they come in? Conservative and Fat City don't normally go together :D

Back