Early 1990s Marin Pine Mountain

damian

Dirt Disciple
She's slowly getting there, finding the necessary bits is becoming more and more interesting. For a 19 year old bike she's in amazing condition, much better than the Bear Valley SE I was considering working on.

Here's my first mock-up of her......

IMG_0595.JPG

I won the saddle on eBay recently which arrived this morning, it's a 1991 NOS Selle Italia Prairie in Glow Orange, which is remarkably similar to the Neon Orange on the forks and stem.

IMG_0596.JPG

I've attached the XTR combo levers and V-brakes (thanks to Jamiedyer) the graphite grey of these looks great with the Zolatone finish on the Marin.

IMG_0598.JPG

I've got a Shimano 105 on rear and an Ultegra double on the front so I'm looking for a suitable crank, hence my question regarding a Stronglight in silver alloy.

I'll have a 8 speed Dura-Ace and a pair of silver Mavics next to go on (when they arrive) and with Gil providing some reproduction decals she'll be ready to roll!

Forgot to add, I'm looking for good paint match to respray the Marin Lite bar rather than leave it silver/polished.

prof farnsworth":2rwmhk9j said:
Nice bike. Even though it is a 91 not a 90. :D

Are you sure?

Here's a scan of the 1990 Pine Mountain, the 1991 has a few more painted areas.

mar1.jpg

Looks like the dark paint from the '91, could be the picture though. :? '90's was lighter like in the ad.

Either way it looks great and you are not helping my efforts to avoid getting a similar one. :evil:

prof farnsworth":2xco26mz said:
Nice bike. Even though it is a 91 not a 90. :D

was goin 2 say the same thing, i had a 91' Pine Mountain myself, 91's where alot darker than the 90's, nice bike btw :)

Yes, deffo a '91, this year they changed the dropouts and thicker seatstay which they continued until about '98.

It's a 1991 just like mine!!! Awesome to see another Zolatone Marin being brought back to life.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 11,193
Back