Cinelli Stratocaster (updated pictures)

Yvo

Dirt Disciple
Hello everybody!

I am Yvo from Holland and this is my first posting around here. I recently bought this Cinelli Stratocaster mountainbike for very little money. It's in reasonable condition. The front-suspension isn't working. But that's no surprise after al those years.

Unfortunatly i can't find any information about this bike. Is it a rare bike? It's equiped with Shimano STX. The front-suspension is also unknown for me.

Maybe you guys can help me. It's much appreciated!

7.jpg

Hi Yvo

Welcome to the forums :)

Cinellis pop up on the largest Dutch classified quite regularly. Maybe 5-10 on yearly basis. Mostly a Rampachino in orange or greyish/black. They look quite similar. More or less same specs: steel, racy, STX, same cockpit, graphics alike, painted to match suspension fork...

On that forks: It looks quite a lot like the fork I had on a well used Chesini. It said "REG" and "Made in Italy". Unfortunately the crown split when removing the Euclid headset race.

Relatively seen they are quite rare, but it is not like finding a Cinelli Super Corsa roadbike. They are not really high end, but more middle of the road, mid range instead.

Elev12k":d397113c said:
Hi Yvo

Welcome to the forums :)

Cinellis pop up on the largest Dutch classified quite regularly. Maybe 5-10 on yearly basis. Mostly a Rampachino in orange or greyish/black. They look quite similar. More or less same specs: steel, racy, STX, same cockpit, graphics alike, painted to match suspension fork...

On that forks: It looks quite a lot like the fork I had on a well used Chesini. It said "REG" and "Made in Italy". Unfortunately the crown split when removing the Euclid headset race.

Relatively seen they are quite rare, but it is not like finding a Cinelli Super Corsa roadbike. They are not really high end, but more middle of the road, mid range instead.

Thanks for the welcome and the info!
My fork has no information on it, except the letters "6L" on the back of the brakebooster. I don't think i will get it to work again. I suppose it works with elastomers, and they problably are worn out.

Called stratocaster for the characteristic 3 cables on the side of the top tube (not totally original but the owner of Cinelli, Colombo, also owner of columbus tubing, is a rock aficionado), it was built with columbus thron tubing if I'm not wrong. It cost about 600 euros in 1995, but the rigid version. Concerning reg forks, they were a cheap Italian brand. The top end reg forks were rock shox copies
Ciao

wow its amazing that a change of tyres and a clean can totally transform the look of a bike.

novekili":h5axzuog said:
Called stratocaster for the characteristic 3 cables on the side of the top tube (not totally original but the owner of Cinelli, Colombo, also owner of columbus tubing, is a rock aficionado), it was built with columbus thron tubing if I'm not wrong. It cost about 600 euros in 1995, but the rigid version. Concerning reg forks, they were a cheap Italian brand. The top end reg forks were rock shox copies
Ciao

Thanks for the clear answer! This helped me a lot! :)

After almost a year, here some updates pictures. It's not historical correct and the updated parts are cheap, but it looks looks nice in my opinion.
I also made some close up shots, so the "raw" paint, which Cinelli called "Hard Touch Paint" is good visible.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Back