1990 Marin Eldridge

jimbo-xc

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
From £40 sad old bike to nice rideable classic in a couple of weeks. Decided not to re-paint, just cleaned & touched in the grey here & there. It's a bit patchy & showing it's age but then who isn't?
Forks & stem have been flattered by the camera, defo more faded orange than red. Wheels are DX/Araya RM400 pro off the Richter which has been split for parts. Original Wolbers are good but front needs a 276mm spoke which is proving hard to source & the LX hubs don't shine like DX!
Thumbies & SS5's replaced the DX Rapidfire. Love the wide profile brakes.

Anyway, if you're viewing this Prof F. I'd love some of your brilliant decals - I think just the "Eldridge" ones for top tube & the tiny "Marin" for the seatstay bridge which I stupidly peeled off when I thought I'd re-paint. PM me with a price if you're up for it please!

Attachments

• P5200004.JPG
    P5200004.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,356
I'm thinking that's a 1991 not a 1990, one of the other Marin experts on here could probably confirm - is the grey paint a gloss finish or is it a matte Zolatone powder coat - the matte finish would indicate 1991 - I had an Identical bike many years ago - always liked the OS frame tubes on the Eldridge, gave it a pleasingly chunky appearance.

EDIT: Check out the 1991 catalogue here - some slight differences to you bike but that is common with Marins in my experience:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...2_GALLERYSID=0f07be682e2960491d3432e2fe942a96

Ahhhh, the bike that inspired me to get into Mountain Biking. Mate Eric had one at Uni and I always wanted something just as cool. I always think of them as quality kit even it they are pretty mid-range in reality.

Its certainly a 1990 same year as my eldridge ( see signature). 1991 is alot darker grey. Jimbo, will get in touch with you r.e. Decals.

Brilliant Prof., thanks.
Interesting that the '90 Pine Mt turns out to be a '91. Be as many Marins on here as Konas soon.

Back