1993 Zaskar le

cap hook

Retro Newbie
Hi all just come across this site, thought id show my zaskar le owned from new from 1993, just in case your wondering i lost my left hand and forearm (100mm down from elbow) in an accident in 1992 so had this built to suit my disability, its took many different lever setups but this is the best one that works!!! might not look pretty but who cares... If anybody has any questions dont be afraid to ask
zaskar.jpg

frlevers.jpg

lhlevers.jpg

P1000853.jpg
[/img]

I remember when I broke my collar bone and tried cycling with my arm in a sling how hard it was off road - kudos to you fella :D

That is fantastic! Really interesting modification to your requirements. Does the lever setup allow you to operate front & rear independently or is it a case of clamp down on both?

I'm really quite interested as I am a Design development engineer at a firm set up to take assistive technology products from concept to market. And its always nice to see peoples "home brew" sollutions to personal problems and needs.

welcome, and lovely Zaskar, would be interesting for a normal person to try and ride with that setup, i remember seeing in MBUK a guy who lost his arm, and was pulling all sorts of stunts, i met him at one of the Bike shows once, had a San Andreas tucked under his arm,.

thats hardcore :shock: purple and everything :p

can you brake front and rear at the same time ? is using the thumbie a " leap of faith " ?

id be seriously pissed off if i lost so much as a toe !

very interesting set up .

not sure the red works with the purple on the bike .

Jerky i can operate the brakes independently of each other top lever front brake bottom lever rear brake, when i got used to the set up like that i used it on both my fireblade and R1 but used the clutch on top of the front brake, i have a pic of that set up if ur interested

Mate, I tip my cap to you :cool:

Having the balls to ride off road one handed, you rock!

Hi - nice Zaskar, and good on you for continuing where others may have given up! I have the same Club Roost bars on mine!

I have a black '93 Zaskar and my brother had a '94 purple Zaskar, which is what I think yours is. The graphics are wrong for a '93 model.

I believe the '94 models became available late '93 - the model year should be on the frame number from what I remeber. The only difference is the graphics and the introduction of butted tubes (which also introducted dents if you weren't careful!!). The '93 moel had white stickers with an black outline. Anyway - what difference is a year anyway.

Nice bike mate love the Ano Zaskar Le's.
Check out GM1230126 he's got every anodised Zaskar made even a green one!!!
Hat off to you for not letting such a serious accident hold you back absolute top quality.
How on earth do you hold on to the other grip though ?

Latest posts

Back