What the wheels got for Xmas!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Hopefully brightened up the last Saturday of the year for the bike mechanics at my LBS, seizing on some quiet moments after their Xmas pink bikes with tassles rush to wheel in the oddities from my cellar!

Spesh got a Tange threaded headset with grip nut fitted by my new friends at the LBS. Pretty much ready to wire it up, now I have got a decent rear mech sourced.

Alien got a Mavic 1" headset fitted along with the Tange Switchblades (with a crown race this time!). Swapped over the mile wide bars for a Yeti number (until something of the right vintage comes along) and kept the MK2 Onza Ti's on (until the MK 1's arrive). The front mech has been fettled to avoid the early onset of athritis too.

The Alibi finally got the steerer tube cut to size and I decided to go with the Real plus Mrazeks braking combo - again neatly set up by Andy at Ken Fosters in good old Chorlton (Thanks matey!).

The Haro is finally getting a headset and the Judys (with some NOS Speedsprings) fitted - so that can now look forward to being ridden in 07.

The New Year's resolution to actually have at least one bike rideable at all times now looks a distinct possibility (unlike 06)! :)

Neil

Attachments

• Alien Mavic 1.JPG
    Alien Mavic 1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,838
  • Ibis front.JPG
    Ibis front.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,838
  • Spesh Xmas.JPG
    Spesh Xmas.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,838
Hey Neil,

I hate to say it but that Alps 4(?) on the FSR looks about 10mm too long. Your B/B centre should be below the imaginary line between your hub axles. Or is it just the picture?

P.S. Just let me know when you get sick of the Alien. ;)

Yo Crashy":ez9iswuy said:
That Specialized is uber cool. :cool: :cool:

Yeah!! :D

Arran":ez9iswuy said:
Hey Neil,

I hate to say it but that Alps 4(?) on the FSR looks about 10mm too long. Your B/B centre should be below the imaginary line between your hub axles. Or is it just the picture?

P.S. Just let me know when you get sick of the Alien. ;)
Maybe it's the Judy DH which lifts the front.

Christmas Pudding

I was hoping the Cristmas binging would instigate a tad more sag than usual....!

:LOL:

Neil

Buck's Aligned

Oh, and the Buck got it's long awaited Tri Aligns too... :)

Anyone do purple brake pads??

Neil

Attachments

• Tri 2.JPG
    Tri 2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,709
  • Tri 1.JPG
    Tri 1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,709
Back