Dutch project finished as city cruiser

LTS Biker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Probable few of you will know this bike. It's my steel Batavus Buster ATB team. (I don't know if any team ever had a Batavus...)

I had a frame before but broke it and got two new ones. One with different frame sizes and this one.
The other was was quite cool It was called "Raider" and under the Raider text on the toptube was writte: "don't call me twix"
Batavus%20Buster%20(klein).jpg

Planning to build it with M900 stuff and nice parts.

Hi Rene,

I don't know if any team ever had a Batavus...

Yes, of course! Bas de Bever had one for example. More accurate: It was a Batavus labelled Verlicchi. I think it was Batavus own team, before the whole B1 thing took off.

I do have heard of Batavus Buster, but Buster Team is new to me I think. What is it made of?

- Melvin

Elev12k":3oyrexuq said:
What is it made of?

- Melvin

Eh... pisbakken staal? (sorry can't translate that one)

I don't know, I think just Chro-Mo. There is nothing on it.
I haven't seen this frame in brochures, only the other two. I have never seen this frame again.

Don't you think m900 is a bit over the top for a frame made of pisbakken staal? :LOL:

Does the frame differ of that of the regular Buster? ...or was every Buster called 'Team'? :oops:

I really don't know, I have never seen a Buster Team but I don't see any stickers or stamps on the frame about frame material.
And yes, maybe M900 is a bit too much, but I'll just see. Most of the M900 is still expensive. I have two front mech already, but two wrong sizes :)

I will take a deep dive in my mighty library and see what I can find!

I have taken a look in 93, 94 and 95 Batavus brochures and couldn't find your frame. Other paintschemes and they do not have the Ritchey-like seatstay attachment like yours. It is older or you have a very special ltd ed high end model

..maybe

It's finished!
My good old iron steed:
Batavus%20Buster.jpg

It's now a city cruiser, becuase there are Michelin slicks on it. :)
With a mix from all parts I had left.
Deore LX (M566) front,
Ultegra (RD-6500) rear.
Deore XT cassette, chain and wheels,
700CX (yes yes) crankset
Gripshift SRT600-8 shifters
Avocet O2 saddle
Girvin Flexstem :)
Magura HS33 Race line brakes.

Latest posts

Back