Grove Innovations 2B1 tandem

rody

BoTM Winner
Ok, so here's the story...

My wife and I were logging alot of miles on our tandem and here chief complaint was that the unexpected bumps with off road time were killing her. As we investigated what was available in full suspension tandems, we were quite dissapointed to find that all that was out there in 93 were allsop beam equipped bikes. The problem with that design was that the elastomer sandwhiched between two layers of carbon sheered laterally as well as vertical, moving the stokers weight out of the center of the bike on quick maneuvers.

I talked with Bill Grove and this is what we came up with. We worked the proto suspension on an X-frame that I rode for 3 months til we got it dialed in. It is the only one in existance.

The bike is designed around 26" wheels and we have the kit to swap between road and mtb bars/controls depending on needs.

Frame- Grove Innovations 2B1
Fork - Rock Shock Judy DH
Stem - Kooka
Cantilevers - Onza
Canti hangers - Ringle peace
Front Wheel - Phil Wood hub, Union Tye Dye Ti spokes, Mavic Ceramic
Rear Wheel - Phil Wood 160mm, DT spokes, Mavic Ceramic
Derailleurs - XT
BB - Phil Wood
Crankset - Kooka tandem
Posts - Torque Ti
Stoker stem - Grove fixed length, adjustable height (rotates on frame)
Rear Shock - Fox Alp 4, now deceased...working on a replacement
Paint - a mix of 3 Jolly Rancher candies colors (orange, lime, lemon) with a lovely black splatter.

The bike still gets alot of time now that my son rides on the back with me.

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• Grove Tandem.jpg
    Grove Tandem.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 11,020
  • tandem1.JPG
    tandem1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 11,019
WOW... that is really special; '93 FS tandem, by Grove

Also like the paintscheme. Pretty tough to stay unnoticed riding that creation.

wow!!

that looks fantastic :D

Only been on a tandem once, and have a lot of respect for any off road tandeming. You just cannot turn!!

Latest posts

Back