Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:18 pm 

first try of an all day singlespeed retro bike. Really nothing special but stable and fast for city traffic.

Bergamont May Day CroMo frame with LX Cantilever brakes, STX crank and derailleur (used as chain tensioner, not on this picture), selle italia FLite, and the best of all DX wheelset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:04 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

Hi Kitor,

Welcome!

You say nothing special, but some would be willing to commit a murder for the tyres I can tell :!: Don't they wear a bit fast for street riding???

Honestly your next project makes me more curious :wink:

- Melvin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 pm 

I see. Yeah, I´m curious too. Good Project for the Hamburg winter. Too bad the seller doesn´t have the original fork. But another Frame, which is on ebay right now. Is your original fork still available? Probably not.

If you´re interested in the tyres let me know. Maybe I do know someone who´s selling them.

Cu,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:40 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

Initialy the buyer said to me too he didn't have the fork. Later he turned back to me with that he has it. He overasked and I told him a few up to 10 euros would be a reasonable price. No probs for me, I already had several Switchblades. I didn't get the bigfork.

Maybe he is too lazy, doesn't have the right boxes or thinks they go for more without fork (because they look less dated possibly). He sells all his frames without the fork, even the NOS 1988 Koga ValleyRunner he sold to a member of the German forum. Koga frames that age always left the factory as frameset, not frame only. It is a pain as a frame that age comes without matching fork. Fortunately for your frame there are decent alternatives available; AccuTrax, Switchblades, early suspension... I can tell my front end is very rigid. Extremely rigid more accurately. Fork, stem, bar and even cork grips contribute to that. You could take into consideration in your decision what stuff to choose.

I have several pairs of the amber Psychos laying around. Thanks for the attention though.

- Melvin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:43 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Never heard of Bergamont but I like it!

If you think of selling anytime, lemme know.