My latest project! YETI ULTIMATE!

kaos

Retro Guru
Hi guys!

I had this frame and fork for a long time on the wall, and i have recently started to give her some shape. Still needs some parts as you can see.
I think i want to build ths bike more or less period correct without any ringle "bling" and stuff likte that. Have to many "bling" bikes already! :)

Yeti Utimate 16 or 17" frame (original paint and in VERY good condition.
Accu Trax fork, original headset and attack stem that was original with the frame as new.

I have added black hyperlite bars, 7 speed "xt" gripshift with yeti grips, avid levers, xt canti brakes (powdercoated in yeti blue) and xt rear mech.
yetiultimate7.jpg

yetiultimate6.jpg

yetiultimate4.jpg

yetiultimate2.jpg

yetiultimate1.jpg

yetiulltimate3.jpg

ENJOY!! :D

Pickle":31jygmce said:
Going to be lovely.............

I hope so!

Any suggestions for parts? Cook bros cranks in black maybe? Bullseye etc....

I dont like the xt cranks from that period...;(

Got to be a Bullseye, in Yellow!, then a whole bunch of XT (those avid levers aren't burly enough - get some XTs!), then you need a turbo saddle, and XT seatpost, a set of IRC FRO tyres and you're there!

Agree, has to be bullseye cranks in black or white

Love these Yetis, bikes that I lusted over BITD, look forward to seeing the finished build

Looks a nice original example. I don't like the brake levers. I'd agree with some yellow bullseyes as Pete said....

Get it finished.....

MadCowKev":30t6pr4c said:
Looks a nice original example. I don't like the brake levers. I'd agree with some yellow bullseyes as Pete said....

Get it finished.....

I guess it's f¤##& hard to find some yellow bullseye cranks...?

Black would be nice to, but not white...

Back