Trickles Norco Team Issue

trickle

Retro Newbie
New member and I am not even 100% sure of the vintage of this thing...
Bought the Norco while doing a 10,000km rebuild of my 06 Cannondale Prophet so I would have a good cheap second dirt bike to keep sane and away from the skinny tyres. What I know of the bike is that it has an 853 main triangle, is stamped “TEAM ISSUE” on the BB shell and it is crazy fun to ride!

The Dorco as it has grown to be known as has been in my garage for around a year, yet to race it but I would probably reserve it for short course XC as the longest Enduro ride I have done on it to date is 110km of fire trails in the hills around Brisbane and that hurt.

Anywho, as I said. Not sure of exact vintage etc but I like it and will one day spec it up NOS style and maybe even repaint but for now I’ll keep on fanging it about scaring the beejebus out of my mates.

Spec and pics: (sorry bout pic size should have resized)

P1000241.jpg

P1000242.jpg

Frame: Norco Team Issue Reynolds 853

Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Bombers

Headset: Dia Tech
Stem: Kore Alloy
Handlebar: Easton EA70 Monkey Bar
Grips: Oury

Brakes: Shimano XT V
Brake Pads: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Shimano XT

Shifters: Sram grippies
Front Derailleur: Deore XT
Rear Derailleur: Deore XT
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: um Shimano 8 Speed of some sort…
Chain: Wipperman
Cranks: Sugino Mighty
Chainrings: Sugino (Shimano big dog)
Pedals: CB cheapy egg beaters

Hub Skewers: American Classic
Rims: Sun Rims Rhino Lite
Hubs: Suntour Xc Pro Front,Shimano STX RC (rear)
Nipples: DT Comp
Spokes: DT comp
Tyres: Maxis Larsen TT up front and Crossmark on the back
Tubes: Maxis

Saddle: Specialized BG
Seatpost: Titect alloy
Seatpost Binder: Beat up old Hope

Norco

Thats really nice, 110km Enduro? That's gonna hurt on any bike! Would have thought a HT would be less of a drag than fs. We don't see many Norco's over in the UK depite being No1 in Canada and No2 in the US. Love 853 tubed bikes.

cant say i am familiar with that bike but it certainly looks like fun

Thanks for looking lads.

Norco have never been to my liking and this is and will remain to be my only purchase of the brand, they just do nothing for me.

110km with 2400m climbing is never much fun but I'll take the prophet out for those in future. The Dorco will be the go to bike when the 'Dale is being worked on (please no crack'n'fail jokes) or if I get sick of the roadies. Riding the Dorco did remind me how good an 853 tubed bike rides so I plan on an 853 HT on possibly 29er's, a good friend here distributes Niner, moots, blacksheep etc etc so I'll be pushing for a deal.

I hate this website, I am poor enough as it is running the fleet I have let alone all the new retro build ideas I now have, thanks lads :twisted: :p

Thanks Anthony, looks like my research wasn't to far off the mark. I'm told these also came out in Ti, now If I can just find one.

Back