Kona Fanatic

mfargy483

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

I am Michael from California and dig the retro love...

Currently in my stable I have:
'97 or '98 18" Hei Hei full XTR with a White bros fork
'96 Hei Hei frame waiting to be built. I lucked out on this one as it is a
late '96 model so I got the rear brake cable guide fastened to the top
tube rather than a dog collar
'97 Caldera or Hot I have yet to determine which model but I use it for
riding with the misses, well not yet the misses but someday she'll be...
gotta make her understand my bici obsessions!
I just acquired a Voodoo Loa cyclocross frame from ebay but it is not built yet!

Ti is my latest obsession! And is it ever expensive! Here are a couple pics of the voodoo and the 96 frame. I will post the others when I get the chance! I am getting my first chance to come oversees this summer. I wil be headed to Bonn, Germany for a trip to meet some honchos from the EU. Any deutsch Kona fans over there?!?

Attachments

• 1heihei96.jpg
    1heihei96.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,380
  • 2heihei96.jpg
    2heihei96.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 2,379
will you be building these up with period parts? And having them as garage queens or riding them?

Liking the Hei Hei...great bikes to ride so hope your going to get out and get them muddy

So here are the pics....
The Hei Hei TI TI - '97 17 incher after selling the 18" (a bit big, I found a guy selling a 17"... I knew I would regret not getting it so I swooped it up)
The Hot - 17 incher as well... I swap the seatpost back and forth. Who knew a 27.0 Thomson would be hard to find on ebay and so damn expensive! It usually is fitted with a big basket on the front to carry groceries and whatnot... it is the dopest commuter ever! I don't do it justice; it should be ridden in the mountains!
The Loa - for any Dane Cook followers this bike is MFBA! I jsut ordered some Shimano 5500 bits in black for it. I am going 9 speed and "murdered out"
Oh man I am so in over my head with these things! I have ridden the TI TI everyday for the past two weeks.
I hooked up my nephews baby stroller thing of a majig to my hot, put my dog in it and road all over town. We went to the dog park, etc.
I hope to have the Loa completed this fall but $$$ will determine that!

I am semi computer illiterate so I did not post them on this site. Here is my photobucket that shares pic of them!

Enjoy!

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fargy483/?action=view&current=0f8401d2.pbw

The Kona Hot seems worthy of a more detailed picture Michael, although I must admit I can't get it to display in full-size mode on my PC. From the cable routing, it looks as though it might be a 1997 model, so made of Reynolds 853, would that be right?

The Loa looks nice as well, perhaps that's the rarest of the three?

Hi Michael,

Nice bikes you have there, I love the Voodoo in particular. I see that you've discovered that ti is great for lightening the wallet. :LOL:

oh yeah the ti makes my wallet to light! hahahah but ive been on the hei hei every other day for the past month now. the hot is a 97 indeed. im thinking about parting ways with it to fund my voodoo build. it is so fun though to ride.

Latest posts

Back