1988-1989 Carrera Epic - Tony Doyle

tkboyle

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well this is my first show of my road bike that I managed to bring back to life. Not really had to do too much other than strip clean and polish.

It's what was a fairly budget spec'd Carrera BITD with Shimano Exage Motion, and Reynolds 501 tubing. Handlebar tape needs replacing. Might get away with rewinding the bottom half in order to keep the light green fade.
Worst thing of all. ITS TOO BIG. :cry:

it's also for sale which will appear in the for sale section shortly as I have just aquired another bike so need the space.

I'll let the pics do the talking.
DSC08105.jpg

DSC08107.jpg

DSC08106.jpg

DSC08108.jpg

DSC08110.jpg

OldFatTi":jzfccmz2 said:
Ha! I used to lust over one of those in the local Halfords when I was a wee boy on a 5-spd Peugeot racer!

Funny that Chris667 said the exact same thing.

The frame looks very similar to the Carrera I have which is finished in the Light Grey/Yellow colour scheme and has 105 gruppo with BioPace rings. 531 main tubes according to the transfer.

I bought one of those a year or so ago from a guy at an auto jumble sale for a fiver!!! ;)

Although it wasn't as tidy as yours Mr Boyle. :cool:

sweet :)

i still own a Corsa 14 in relatively mint condition, all original Shimano 600 apart from brake calipers, front mech shifter, seat (i've still got it), seatpost and inner ring which was changed to a 39t 105 due to the tight cassette being a pain on the climbs. bought it in 1990 for £800, used it for 6 months then it went into the loft for 18 years! just ride it for long base level exercise now.

tkboyle":3s4vhvpy said:
New owner is well pleased with it.

I'm going to cry now.. :cry:

I am indeed. Took it for a spin round the block the other night and it is nice, Plans

Seat is going for a rolls and the post will be going for a race face one I have unless I win the campag chorus one I am bidding on ebay for. Few other bits on ebay I am hoping to win for it:

Durace Close ratio 6 speed block
Dura ace 6 speed gear levers
Sorry to say tony the grip tape is going too..

It will be ny main squeeze for my work lunch hour rides instead of my mtb and some turbo work in the winter.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but i picked a very tidy original example at the weekend , and thought i would share it to all .

It will be the 3rd " EPIC " i have owned over the years and always found them to be great to ride so here's hoping this will be the same .

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_163659026.jpg
    IMG_20180915_163659026.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 834
Back