Chaser's NOS Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT5

chaser

Senior Retro Guru
Well, I finally got hold of an MT4 frame and fork NOS!
It is a June 1992

It even came in the original box and packaging. The hologram sticker to prove ownership in the event of theft is even there! [you can see in the pics]

The black paintwork is really amazing, it has coloured glitter particles in it, I have tried to show this detail in the pics.

I have also noticed that my frame has only one set of bottle cage mounts and a stay mounted cable stop for the rear brakes - which is different to other MT4 I have seen on here.

It's suprisingly light too....

Enjoy,

Chaser ;)

Attachments

• MT5 NOS.JPG
    MT5 NOS.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,386
  • MT5 Frame.JPG
    MT5 Frame.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,385
  • MT5 Paint.JPG
    MT5 Paint.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,385
  • MT5 Scales.JPG
    MT5 Scales.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,385
Smaller frame sizes often only have one set of bottle cage mounts as short people have tiny bladders.

Ackchewerly (as Smash Hits would say) it's because with a short seat tube the bolts would stop you being able to drop a long seatpost when the going gets steep.

not sure what i'm doing with mine yet, it's not a ti one but sort of got inspired by the adrian timmis bike so bought it a while ago of here. at the moment it's hung in the garage, frame and fork but i'm not sure what to do with it yet, was thinking winter single speed maybe.

yours will be really nice though :D

Hi JB666,

Watch the hub spacing on those older steel Dyna's, they are 130mm on the circa 1990 ones.

Yes, Sinnetts account of the Timmis project was inspiring. I rode with him in Jan this year. That bike is fantastic - I was staggered by the [light] weight.

I love your 'Lime' ;)

Cheers,

Chaser.

Back