1994 Dave Yates Swamp Donki

Nick 32sixteen

Dirt Disciple
Resprayed Anquetil blue by Bob Jackson (it's second respray), new decals under the lacquer.

Mainly notable for the early Hope mechanical disks (beating Shimano splined mounts by years) which were integrated into the frame and the Kona Project 2 forks.

No chainstay bridge. or granny ring (God I must have been fit). Royce bottom bracket. S-Works tyres here, but normally fitted with Onza Racing Porcupines. Middle ring is from Onza too, a Buzzsaw.

Ultegra 600 short cage mech is more evidence of fitness in a past life, and is also authentic. Might have been a gnats fart slightly lighter than a shorty XT.

Dave made and signed the stem too:

Anyone else turn their levers over to make cable changing easier? Just me then. Pace/Renthal RC-Sub130 bars. Original grips were clear Onza Ules which needed Control Stix bar ends to stop them sliding off whenever it rained/got wet.

In action

More: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickw3216/sets/1678350/

So cool. Latest in a string of quality British bikes (Yates, Lloyd, Roberts) that seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

That is definitely one of the best looking bikes on the site.

Makes me want to modify my Zinn to fit an old set of mechanical Hopes...

Also, have you modified the mount in someway for the thumbies?

Looks a bit weird from that angle (6th photo down)...

have you modified the mount in someway for the thumbies?

I think it's just mounted at a high angle, with the lever pushed right round to the stop, shot from a funny angle ;-)

Latest posts

Back