OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
EDIT: 13/01/10 Decided to keep riding it, although on roads only for now

P1111347.JPG

EDIT: 27/12/09 Dead

SNC13111.JPG

Since I now have a pretty decent Pro825 that's been built up now http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50117 this one had to go down the paint treatment, as the original Ti plate finish had far gone and surface rust was getting a grip all over.

Appliance white, the whitest white I could find :cool:

Update: 28/11/09 Nearly finished! Just need a black 27.0 layback post and a Bonty Mustang front rim to build the Hope ultralight hub to.

The magic number!

SNC13032.JPG

SNC13034.JPG

SNC13036.JPG

In primer
SNC12582.JPG

Thrown together with some bits I had, but i still need front rim and hope ti hub. black 94bcd 32 to 36 T ring, black seatpost and black stem, red seatbinder and seat needs re-dying.

Got some skinwalls to go on this, originally i thought black would be better, but after seeing the amber wall on it i think the skinwalls would look great.

brakes are NOS dx with levers too.

you have to use your imagination on this.

SNC12696.JPG

SNC12698.JPG

SNC12699.JPG

SNC12700.JPG

EDIT 11/05/09 Pics with the skinwall tyres fitted

SNC12713.JPG

SNC12715.JPG

SNC12716.JPG

EDIT 12/08/09 Some borrowed bits of another bike to see it built up! Needs loads for it still, seat, post, stem, rim, chainring bolts....

SNC12854.JPG

SNC12857.JPG

SNC12858.JPG

Frame: Parkpre Pro825 Tange Ultimate Superlight

Fork: Parkpre branded Spinner triple butted

Headset: FSA Orbit II
Stem: Still looking
Handlebar: Unknown super lightweight (i mean scary lightweight)
Grips: Onza Porcipaws

Brakes: Deore DX V-Brakes (now cantis)
Brake Pads: Shimano (kool stop)
Brake Cables: Ti look weave
Brake Levers: Deore DX

Cassette:
Chain:
Cranks: AC
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings: still looking
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: UN72
Pedals: not sure yet

Hub Skewers:
Rims: Bontrager mustang
Hubs: Hope ti
Tyres: IRC skinwall
Tubes:

Saddle:
Seatpost: Still looking
Seatpost Binder: Still looking

Weight: 22lb

re:

just imagine how good this would look in a full race suite with the judy DH's... get some black decals for this baby and youre off...

Yep, going for black decals.
The Judy DH's are on the other Parkpre, I don't think it'll look right on this build. I wanted it to be light and clean lines.

The black post n stem will make a difference, and the skinwalls.

re:

what size are yours? I've found a pro image -98 in 19" but he says that the toptube is around 55cm long, that seems a bit short for a 19"? or are they just small in the sizes? the price is okay! around 90euros and in good condition, was thinking of pollishing it

Re: re:

captain8track":3nzlm559 said:
what size are yours? I've found a pro image -98 in 19" but he says that the toptube is around 55cm long, that seems a bit short for a 19"? or are they just small in the sizes? the price is okay! around 90euros and in good condition, was thinking of pollishing it

Both mine are 17"

Crud and Rekiborter have 19" frames, you should ask them.

You can also check Rekiborters website http://parkpre.com/technical.htm , i'm not sure if this table is for all the years and whether they did change the geometry later on. It all depends how the chap is measuring the top tube.

That is going to be one sweet ride, very cool :cool: What gearing are you going to run, 2-1?

Thanks, i can't wait to finish this.

The ratio all depends on what i find! Been looking for a black 94bcd ring for a while but they are all 42+T Got a 16tooth sprocket so a 32 ring would be ideal but would take a 34, 36 or even a 38! Really don't want to run a tensioner either, might need a bit of jiggery pockery :LOL:

My ideal ring would be the AC trails ring for a direct fit to my cranks without the spyder.

Back