1993 Specialized Stumpjumper - The project begins

Dave_H

Senior Retro Guru
I picked up a '93 Stumpie off here from cce a month or so ago, got together a couple of parts which I offered up to the frame today.

The Judy's internal are a bit buggered and when sorted will probably mess up the angles too much. Besides, I'm expecting grannygrinder's 856 so these forks will be moved to that project.

With the X-Lite parts and the Middleburn cranks I've got on the way, I'll probably go on the look out for a set of Pace forks for a British parts build. This will probably mean Hope wheels - red, black or silver, or perhaps some Middleburns or Goldtechs just for something a tad different. The L&M cranks are now heading for the 856.

Frame is obviously in need of a respray and a set of decals - I'm thinking black with red decals. I'd quite like a red WTB Momentum headset too.

Gears will be full 8 speed XT and no compromise on brakes - it's a V brake minimum as I like a bike to stop without too much fuss :LOL: .

Specialized parts for the remaining finishing kit.

So it'll finish off being an eclectic build with parts spanning a three or four year period but with a Specialized/Brit/XT build criteria.

Attachments

• Specialized Stumpjumper - Phase 1 Right.JPG
    Specialized Stumpjumper - Phase 1 Right.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Specialized Stumpjumper - Phase 1 Front.JPG
    Specialized Stumpjumper - Phase 1 Front.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 1,177
Looks like you've got a fair start with the brit bits, is that a Ti stem too?

certainly looks much saucier than when i had it already

i will be keeping a close eye on this thread - i have a sick fondness for seeing my children with their adoptive parents :p

Have now. :D

IMG_1996.jpg

That's pretty much how I'll have my frame - just a slightly less black build.

Back