out with the trash

cool :cool:

to ditch the big ring you could either cut the tabs off an old ring and use those or file down the female art of the bolt

did these ever have a habit of cracking at the chainstay/bottom bracket area ? im tempted to remove the chainstay bridge from my frame and have gussets put on but need to give it enough thought

perry":3f17zw1t said:
cool :cool:

to ditch the big ring you could either cut the tabs off an old ring and use those or file down the female art of the bolt

Thanks...Good idea, I thought of that, but didn't want to take anymore time with this build; this was just a quickie for the fun of it. It'll be getting broken down or sold as is, to make room for other cool stuff :cool:

perry":3f17zw1t said:
did these ever have a habit of cracking at the chainstay/bottom bracket area ? im tempted to remove the chainstay bridge from my frame and have gussets put on but need to give it enough thought

hmmm, good question...I don't have enough experience with bontragers to answer it...but perhaps someone else on here can...anyone???

Top job! just a couple more bits of Shi*mano to remove and you're there!! ;)

Al. :D

Re: Bin Built Bontrager: Bontrager Race Lite OR single speed

GoldenEraMTB":3i960pax said:
Had a rubber boot around the opening of the seat tube...peeled it off to see if there was anything weird going on underneath....all clean, perhaps I should've left it on since it holds out moisture well, and I don't know where I'm going to get a replacement :?

I found that if you buy an inner tube and a pair of scissors you get about 100 boots (I think that's where Bontrager got them from too!)

greenfinger":j5slw7hj said:
Really cool bike that! :cool:

ededwards":j5slw7hj said:
Those orange Paul's hubs are pretty wicked

Thanks; I was trying to remember when I picked them up. I actually picked them up a couple years before every getting the bonty. They were just sitting around for the right time.

clockworkgazz":j5slw7hj said:
nice looking machine- wish I had your parts bin ;)

haha thanks...but be careful what you wish for...there's a whole lot of rubbish in that parts bin in addition to what you see here ;)

al":j5slw7hj said:
Top job! just a couple more bits of Shi*mano to remove and you're there!! ;)

Al. :D

Thanks, Al, you're right...wasn't even thinking of that, but I see it can be done...without even trying haha.

pete_mcc":j5slw7hj said:
I found that if you buy an inner tube and a pair of scissors you get about 100 boots (I think that's where Bontrager got them from too!)

Ah...good idea; thanks. Might go this route if I decide to keep it.

GearlessinSeattle":j5slw7hj said:
That kicks ASS! Very nice. Love the orange.

Thanks, Lawrence :D

Back