Project Pub/Winter Hack Orange Prestige

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mmmm...well my Ebay purchase was delivered today
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57607
and I must say I am impressed. The paint is pretty good apart from the chainstay. Resprayed in a deep 'c Cadbury's Milk Chocolate' kinday purple.
Very impressed with the weight......but it is tiny compared to my Kish...need a very long stem..but of course that is retro.
This is what I think is here so far....tell me what is shite and what is OK...canti brakes will go...can't stand them
Frame 94 Orange Prestige?
Wheels Hubs Shimano Parra on Ritchey Vantage Comp
Brakes M734 (XT?) with unknown levers as yet
Rear Mech XT M735
Front Mech M732
Cranks MT60 Deore?
Thumbshifters...XT
Purple Crud Catcher
Purple Stem and Bars

Not too shabby for £65 delivered...now I have to try and resist pimping....`need to remind myself that its my hack/winter bike :LOL:

Ebaystuff648.jpg

Ebaystuff653.jpg

Ebaystuff658.jpg

Ebaystuff657.jpg

Ebaystuff650.jpg

Ebaystuff649.jpg

Ebaystuff646.jpg

Ebaystuff643.jpg

Ebaystuff647.jpg

---

that would be 1993 prestige, unless its a 1994 clockwork. who knows with the new paint

check the serial number under the bb. it should start with A3 for '93 or A4 for '94 :)

Re: ---

SEANSTEPHENS":imywm4yl said:
that would be 1993 prestige, unless its a 1994 clockwork. who knows with the new paint

check the serial number under the bb. it should start with A3 for '93 or A4 for '94 :)

Thanks...I'll check the BB tomorrow.

Front mech has polished up OK.....cranks off and the tapers look ok but the BB is shagged....and of course doesn't want to come off. A few days soak in Plus Gas and a big wrench might change its mind.
Large ring is Tioga....middle and granny usual Shimano cheese.

Ebaystuff662.jpg

Ebaystuff666.jpg

Ebaystuff667.jpg

what a bargain- great looking bike and to good for a hack- go to the back of the class :twisted:

Love that rear xt mmmmmmmmm

Decals- this bike must have a name.

Back