Cannondale M(V)500

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This is another backburner project, its my first ever mountain bike and I've fortunately kept a hold of it. Its badged as a M500 and is a 93, I believe the killer v moniker came in the next year. The plans is to fully restore but not to the original spec. It rather boringly came with steel forks and a host of steel bits stem post bars etc. Also spec'd with exage bits and bobs. Anyway was thinking of trying to get some 1" pepperoni's and possibly DX with ritchey finishing kit. Had planned in the past to strip and polish but think the purple is the way to go, try to keep some originality.

2808806017_2282614198_b.jpg

I'd really like one of those. Aways frightened by the dropouts though, especially now that they're going on for 20 yrs old. Not sure I could ride one with too much confidence but would be a nice one to have on the wall :)

Nice :D

Definitely keep it purple!

I'd forgotten how scary the drop outs are on those. What were they thinking?! Like the bolts in either side of the single wishbone seatstay on mine - duh :roll:

nice bike :cool: - but tis too small for a man of your stature? And I'm with the majority- purple all the way, just avoid those force 10's they are shite ;)

Back