Cannondale SM700, chameleon black with lime splatter

pabl0

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I'm totally new to the retro bike world but when I was looking for a bike last week, I realised that I was not really digging the modern era mtb's with all their fancy suspensions etc. After some reading (mostly on this site), I decided it had to be a classic cannondale from the late eighties or early nineties. My absolute favorite was the SM600 (just love the geometry and the bent handlebars), but since I didn't found one right away here in Belgium, I went for this clean looking SM700, I fell completely in love with the paint job. It's not at all time correct I pressume, but I will do the trick for me. I'm very interested in hearing the mods you think would fit this bike, I'm thinking in the first place of replacing the lime canondale decals, any tips on how to get them?

Only have one pic from the ad for the moment, I will take the time to make some better ones in the near future.

14621328.jpg

It's a 1991 SM700.
For the decals, it would be difficult, because it was apple green neon color. If you only want to change the diagonal decal, it could be cut in adhesive vinyl.

You can find some cannondale decals at vintagecannondale, but I have to draw the 1991-1992 decals. Actually, it's only decals before 1990 and there's only black or white :LOL:

Your bike seems to be in a good shape. But change the saddle please :LOL: ;)

Like the old 'dales, that's very nice. The only mods I'd suggest would be to return it to original!

:? for the saddle…
An old turbo or a flite would be better… ;)

Back