1992 Saracen Conquest

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Pic as of 23rd Aug 2009 , filthy :LOL:

Aug09pics049.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original thread,

Afternoon all,

I have recently picked up a 1992 Kili Elite that I have always facied :cool:. I Have had to have the headtube repaired as there were a couple of cracks due to an FSA Pig headset :cry:

I thought I would put a picture of the frame up to show you and also to get me motivated into getting the old beast started.

You can see the before and after of the repair. I will get the paint work refinished when I am happy the headtube repair is sufficiant to ride.

I have a pair of Wolber Saracen DX hubbed wheels in pristine condition (thanks to XTSTIMAN), and started a collection of XT parts for the rest. Magura's, forks and odds'n'sods to find.

If you have any suggestions on forks to use please let me know, Do I use rigid or suspension ? I am thinking RC35's would be cool :shock:

Will try and get it started at the weekend.

Cheers

CopyofMarch2009001.jpg

CopyofMarch2009002.jpg

March2009005.jpg

March2009014.jpg

Nice repair to the head tube. Have you thought of having some rings welded on to reinforce it maybe?

As for forks, RC35s would seem the obvious choice for a top end Brit bike of that period.

I look forward to seeing things progress. :cool:

cherrybomb":1lhuw7r7 said:
Nice repair to the head tube. Have you thought of having some rings welded on to reinforce it maybe?

As for forks, RC35s would seem the obvious choice for a top end Brit bike of that period.

I look forward to seeing things progress. :cool:

Yea I may investigate that , I would guess that as they are at the top and bottom they will blend into the headset and shouldnt look too odd.

Great find, been casually looking for one of these myself. Probably one of very few Saracen's that flick my switch. You just can't beat a good estay can you. Think there is a photo of this model in the scan's forum also.

IMHO your going in exactly the direction with the build to, Magura's are a must and RC-35's will really make it look the business too. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Had 10 mins tinkering time today :cool:

Fitted an XT chainset , XT rear mech , XT Cartridge Headset and RC35's

Need to get a shorter steerer for the forks is first priority and some thumbies. I have some HS33's ready to go,

Here it is enjoying the Bank Holiday Monday Sunshine :LOL:

March2009015.jpg

March2009018.jpg

March2009019.jpg

March2009017.jpg

Re: dx

SEANSTEPHENS":opgasr65 said:
thanks to XTSTIMAN huh? well at least its getting good use i supose

Yea dude, Yours is a spare in my Garage for my next Saracen , I bought a Pair from XTSTIMAN and 1 from you ;)

Proper job :cool: love the back from the dead resto's :cool:

Very nice indeed, but is that frame not a Conquest Elite?
Had one just like that BITD with Tange Switchblade forks & was definitely a Conquest with the box tubes while the Killi had round tubes.
BTW I'm no Sacacen expert, if they did both frames in box section what were the differences?

Back