Kona Hei Hei 1994 - still to be finished

shuff

Devout Dirtbag
Started this a couple of months back thanks to everyone thats helped out with bits.

I am just waiting for my tune cranks to arrive from germany and a 36 hole rear hub to build into a disc drive.

Current Spec

1994 Hei Hei Frame
Manitou 1 forks / Rock Shox Mag 21 (depending on my mood)
Chris King Headset
Race Frace Cranks soon to be replaced when the tune cranks finally arrive & 6 pack TI tune bb
RDM900 XTR Rear Mech
FDM738 XT Front Mech
Wiperman Chain
Tune Seatpost
Flite Saddle
Salsa Seat Collar
Avid Ultimate Brakes & Levers
USE Spacers
Ringle Stem
Titec Titanium Bars
Lizard Skin Lockons (not retro but comfy)
Onza Ti Barends.
PDM737 XT Spds
Blue Nokon Cables.
XT Thumb Shifters

Also Fitted Every day riding wheels - Bontrager Race X-Lite with continental Race Kings ( these to be replaced as soon as i can get a hub, by sugino disc drive & spinergy 4 spoke)

Attachments

• IMG_6526-1.jpg
    IMG_6526-1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3,123
ti konas never get old.

im just witing for my time to sweep a 17 incher up and my life will be complete! :D

i like those decals, make a refreshing change :cool:

The decals look like 1996 ones, with the main decals blue and the spiral in blue and silver/grey. The 94 decals were silver and had an orange and silver/grey spiral.

Not sure came off teh kona rep and he was very adimant it was a 1994 frame as that was they year he joined th company but may have had a decal change

shuff":21cg9lac said:
Not sure came off teh kona rep and he was very adimant it was a 1994 frame as that was they year he joined th company but may have had a decal change
Yes, lots of ti bikes lose their original decals. I don't know of any distinguishing marks that differentiate between the 94, 95 and 96 Hei Heis, so if you're interested in being sure of what year it is, the best way is to email the serial number on the bb shell to tech@konaworld.com and ask him.

I'm pretty sure that is a '94 as I have a '93 one and the decals are very different, think Kona changed them again around 97

Very nice build, must be very pleased with it :D

Back