rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
The answer is : …

2 Cannondale SM 1000 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
sm1000x2.jpg

I have received a 1991 Cannondale SM 1000 with all original parts last month… :
sm1000vj0.jpg

sm100091bdkr0.jpg

Because I need to ride my bike, some parts have to be upgraded…
So :
- The ritchey stem for an answer ATAC
- The suntour XCD for a Cook Bros with ritchey chainring
- The ritchey brake for SE pedersen (the XC comp lever for XC pro)
- Rear originalweel for Bullseye-mavic : the front will be changed soon for a bullseye too…

But I wanted to keep some original pars :
The first cannondale grip shift
The cannondale taperlite bar
the turbo style cannondale saddle…

and now my spring bike … :LOL:
smlat.jpg

sm34av.jpg

sm34ar.jpg

smguidon.jpg

smfrar.jpg

smmoyar.jpg

Very nice as usual 24p :D tell me are those pepperoni's 1"?

Yes, it's a first generation pepperoni, with 1" steerer and without the force 40 system. Cannondale has begun to built pepperoni for the SM2000 in 1990. But in 1991, only the EST and the SM 2000, 1000 and 800 were mounted with that fork ;)

Interesting info about the pepperoni's. I've got some black splatter paint 1" Threaded jobs in the garage. Unfortunately they have an incredibly short steerer so the headtube of the frame would need to be less than 90mm for these forks to fit.

They look huge but are very light, about 750g if I remember correctly.

Lovely 'Dale! Black / Blue Hyper-Highlight is my favourite Cannondale colourscheme.
IMHO it looked better with that Ritchey stem but otherwise it's really really nice. Congratulations.

messiah":22o027d8 said:
Interesting info about the pepperoni's. I've got some black splatter paint 1" Threaded jobs in the garage. Unfortunately they have an incredibly short steerer so the headtube of the frame would need to be less than 90mm for these forks to fit.

They look huge but are very light, about 750g if I remember correctly.

The frame is the smaller size : 15". What is more incredible, the EST I'm respraying is a 17" and the steerer is smaller than the SM1000.
But, if you want a confortable bike, don't ride this dale with the Pepperoni :LOL: The 1990 SM1000 with its ritchey fork is more sweet on hard stone tracks… But on little single tracks, the fork give precision , and it's a pleasure.

Archangel : Yes, I love the Blue Hyper-Highlight colourscheme too. In reality, the blue is more "violet". It's the original painting, in good shape…

I change the stem for the ATAC, because I prefer to mount it on the Merlin. I prefer to see this big stem on the 'dale than on the Merlin…

24Pouces - another contender for Retrobike Aesthete of the year.

Another member with particularly good taste.

:cool:

lovely bikes.

Back