Specialized Stumpjumper

goodas12003

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guy's, as some of you know, i got this off the bay the other day. I know it caused a bit of a stir and i was just very lucky to end up with it!! Anyway, ive had chance to to give it the once over and all seem's fine. It had red wall panaracer's on it when i got it and plenty of you thought they didnt go at all well on the bike so i have put a set of repo Kevlar Onza Porc's on it to tone it down abit. I suppose it should have amberwall's on it but fund's dont allow at the mo!! Maybe in the coming month's, i might look around for correct bar and stem but for now it's still comfortable (being an old crock, Me not the bike)! Well, with one in, it's one out and my lovely Marin Eldrige Grade is in the for sale section :roll: .I would be interested in anything you guy's might or might not do to this bike to improve it in any way. Thank's for looking. Dave. :D

Attachments

• stumpy.jpg
    stumpy.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,973
Nice One.

Glad you weren't put off posting about it. I wouldn't worry about the eBay nonsense. At the end of the day the seller was happy to do a deal. If it wasn't you then it would have been someone else. Lovely bike in fact looks better than it did in the ebay pics, tyres are a definate improvement. enjoy it. It was too far away for me anyway :evil: ;)

:D
Dave.

Put some umma gummas on it, that particular range looked great with them and that particular bike was perfect.

:cool:

Hmm, i think i might feel a tad embarrassed goin into the lbs and asking for half a pound of ummer gumma's please. Im proberbly the only one on this site who doesnt know what that is, so come on gus, enlighten me pls! cheer's Dave. :?

Lookin good :D umma gummas are spesh tyres from BITD, they're a grey colour. You can see a pair on the stumpie in my signature.

Nice find, great bike and in great condition from what I can see.

I most remember mine for giving me the confidence to tackle technical terrain off-road with surefooted handling and stability. I felt I could conquer anything on it, and I didn't know a rut from a root back then.

Enjoy!!

Back