1996 Klein Adroit - build complete 2010/09/26

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is my newest project that goes parallelly with the Xizang build.
It's a 1996 Klein Adroit in Burgundy-Blue linear fade. Too bad this paintjob doesn't have a funky name like 'Moonrise', 'Painted Desert'. :p

adroit_bb4.jpg

This frameset was made in September 1995 making it one of the last made before Trek took over. It is a real Adroit with 2" downtube.
So basically the 'last hurrah'! ;)

Too bad it came with a Judy SL instead of the coveted Strata rigid fork. So...if anyone happens to have have a surplus MC2 Klein rigid fork, I could save your storage space and buy that fork! ;)
One option would be getting the fork legs and the MC2 handlebar/stem combo painted to match the frame.

I will build the bike with XT M737 parts with blue ano tuning parts. The wheels in the photos belong to the Xizang. This one will get XT 737 hubs, Ritchey rims and Klein tyres.

2wheels4ever":2l5nky16 said:
That looks to be in great condition.

That color is "plum crazy".

Yeah, the frame is in very good condition. It's been ridden so it has chainsuck und some paint scratches but nothing big. I'm very pleased with it. Judy's lower legs are a little bit worse though.

adroit_bb5.jpg

Actually the color is "Burgundy/Blue Linear". "Plum Crazy" is a much newer paintjob (or older if you consider it a 1970 MoPar color) and it goes from purple to copper whereas this one goes from burgundy to purple to blue.

Haven't updated this for a long while but I bought a broken Adroit about a year ago and got a Strata rigid fork off it. However, it was of wrong colour, so I took it to the same painter who painted Shamus' Storm Attitude.

Just received the fork & MC2 from the painter and the results are very very good. Can't wait to install them!

adroit_puzzle.jpg

Archangel":3e58utnj said:
Haven't updated this for a long while but I bought a broken Adroit about a year ago and got a Strata rigid fork off it. However, it was of wrong colour, so I took it to the same painter who painted Shamus' Storm Attitude.

Just received the fork & MC2 from the painter and the results are very very good. Can't wait to install them!

adroit_puzzle.jpg
Have you wighed the parts? Looks great

Back