1993 Dave Yates DONKIS NOB "1 of a kind"

danpiero

Retrobike Rider
Dave Yates Fan
This is my Dave Yates DONKIS NOB that i have had since new in 1993 it has still got all the original parts on it  . I rode for Been Bag and we got sponsered by Dave Yates aswell . It was one of the first DONKIS NOB's made . What makes it a "1 of a kind" is that it has wishbone rearstays . as i had ridden oranges beforehand i liked the way they rode . i asked Dave if he could fit a wishbone , so what he did was to get a wishbone from Chas Roberts from a DOGS BOLX ! the main frame is Columbus Max OR and wishbone is reynolds 753.Also we had a deal with NTi for the bits . the only change has been  the forks and stem originally i had a salsa stem but have found it to long now and the forks . i did have custom sprayed mag 21 but the internals have gone i will hopefully fit them when i get them fixed . also i had a custum 6 colour spray job which was my own design . The ride is fantastic it is an awesome bike and will never part with . this is a prime example why you will never beat a custom bike . The Full Spec Frame - Dave Yates DONKIS NOBFork  - Manitou Mach 5 SXHeadset - Diacompe A-Head 1 "Stem - Answer A-Tac 1" 120Bars - Merlin TitaniumGrips - Onza UlesSeatpost - USE TitaniumSaddle - Flite TiBrake Levers/Gears - XTR M900R/Mech - XTR M900F/Mech - XTR M900Cranks - XTR M900Pedals - SPD M737Brakes - Grafton Speed ControlersCable Hangers - Onza Chill PillsRims - Mavic 117 SUP CeramicHubs - Pulstar Staight Pull Spokes - DT SwissQ/R Skewers - Salsa Flip off TiBolts - SRP Ti

Attachments

• DSC01056.JPG
    DSC01056.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 4,583
  • DSC01055.JPG
    DSC01055.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 4,583
  • DSC01051.JPG
    DSC01051.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,583
  • DSC01050.JPG
    DSC01050.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 4,583
Good to see that you are still riding it too :D :D It may have been tempting to keep as a garage queen :x Happy riding :D

tintin40":1zg1pu0h said:
Good to see that you are still riding it too :D :D It may have been tempting to keep as a garage queen :x Happy riding :D
Yeah definatley a bike like this needs to be ridden not just locked up and looked at .

:shock: Weirdly that's not doing it for me.. :?

How does the ride compare to your Formula??

Rich

Back