Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:14 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 192
Location: Up North
Super 8) , I have'nt seen another for a long time, Very underated bike in my opinion. Love the wishbone seatstays and the internally routed stem. Got mine of a guy who said he paid 700 quid new for it! You will love it proper arse in the air fast racer style mtb. Looking forward to your build so i can maybe nick some ideas of ya :lol: Think i want some irc's and black rims already! Heres mine.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:03 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20774
Location: Sol Kitts
pistol13 wrote:
Super 8) , I have'nt seen another for a long time, Very underated bike in my opinion. Love the wishbone seatstays and the internally routed stem. Got mine of a guy who said he paid 700 quid new for it! You will love it proper arse in the air fast racer style mtb. Looking forward to your build so i can maybe nick some ideas of ya :lol: Think i want some irc's and black rims already! Heres mine.



Very nice, i'll be joining you with a Rolls on mine too :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:42 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:42 pm
Posts: 127
Location: France and UK
Cool !
I own a 100% original 1990 Courier Comp with Tange Infinity DB tubeset. It's not light at 13.5 kg but I love it for its green color and its kind of rarity here in France.
What's the tubeset and weight of the Courier Prestige ?


Last edited by karlomanx on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20774
Location: Sol Kitts
karlomanx wrote:
Cool !
I own a 100% original 1990 Courier Comp with Tange Infinity DB tubeset. It's not light at 13.5 kg but I love it for its green color and its kind of rarity here in France.
What's the tubeset and weight of the Courier Prestige ?



get some pictures up :D the bikes still to be stripped and cleaned etc so I'll try to remeber to weigh the F+F


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:47 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:37 am
Posts: 3146
Location: Whiskey bent & hellbound!
kaiser wrote:
Thanks folks :D Completed pics to follow :oops:

Reanimation, yup the one from xeo

Dan regular droputs, gonn ahave to find some kind of tensioning method

Neil 90 sounds a good place to start, still to do the research :D


Sure that's a '90 frame

I had a '90 Courier comp and it had the same pawprints on the toptube, Pathfinder blue that year had the same too

Can't remember what was top of the range that year but think it was fillet brazed with XC Pro, could be wrong though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20774
Location: Sol Kitts
Neil G wrote:
kaiser wrote:
Thanks folks :D Completed pics to follow :oops:

Reanimation, yup the one from xeo

Dan regular droputs, gonn ahave to find some kind of tensioning method

Neil 90 sounds a good place to start, still to do the research :D


Sure that's a '90 frame

I had a '90 Courier comp and it had the same pawprints on the toptube, Pathfinder blue that year had the same too

Can't remember what was top of the range that year but think it was fillet brazed with XC Pro, could be wrong though.



Its been tricky finding any catalogues, theres a few on the site but none from 90. Will maybe have to try some mags. There was a couple of members had some muddy fox stuff so I'll maybe om them too :D As it is 90 sounds good to me :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:42 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 192
Location: Up North
These bikes came with suntour xce kit. The cranks been unusual in that the ring are mounted from the rear leaving a flush spider like mavic star road stuff. Also worth noting is that the whole group been labeled xce but the cranks are made by sakae the brakes by diacompe leaving only the mechs(rear mech xcsport) and x-press shifters made by suntour. hubs are sansin(suntour) with araya rx7 rims. I always find it crazy with so many brand names been produced by the same company if you know what i mean! Would love to see a catologue pic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20774
Location: Sol Kitts
I do remember Muddy Fox advertising prolifically so there must be something out there. They always had a full page ad in the mag that was before Cycling plus, though I can't remember the name of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20774
Location: Sol Kitts
Wee bit of googling, can't get the first pic to work

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatbiker/1437514484/sizes/l/

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 pm
Posts: 4179
Location: rutland
i want a santa cruz deck for £30 :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al-onestare, Dossa, Exabot [Bot], Jaggs, longun, minor_LEGEND, Mugoftea, severnthheathen and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group