Formula 1, sexy british carbon

burkeredh

Retro Guru
i have just recently recieved this frame, going to be next years project, i think its great, what are your comments please, cheers :D

Attachments

• DSC01483.JPG
    DSC01483.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 6,159
  • DSC01485.JPG
    DSC01485.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 6,159
yes is is, the split is only about 3" long, have been on to carbonology who do a repair kit that should do the job, :D

stupid question thou, ware do brakes go?

I seem to remember in the Ebay listing something about having to use special adapters that fitted to the frame for the brakes

Ah, here are the words from the listing:

It is with much regret that I have to part with this frame. I have owned the frame for the past 9 years and have outgrown it.

This is a FORMULA ONE carbon fibre British built frame during 1996. There were only about 5 made.

This FRAME cost £1,600 new.

The Frame and Forks are only suitable for 4 point Magura brakes. The 4 point fittings are included.

The frame will include the carbon forks and head set. The head set will need replacing due to the amount of time it has been sitting in my shed.

Included will also be the XT rear and front mechs and cabeling. The shifters are sawn off XT rapid fires.

The Mavic cartridge bearing bottom bracket with locating rings is included. This part is relatively new and has had little use.

The frame has split down the middle where the 2 halves join near the bottom bracket. It can be epoxy bonded but I have not attempted to do this.

The size of the frame is 15-17â€

only magura rim brakes can be used, they are mounted on two point brackets ( the same type type of mount that trials riders use on their bikes) :D

Back