Old racer and some chops

Jonny69

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all, new on board, thought I'd drop in here and put some pics up to let you know who I am, what I've got and what I've had. My bikes follow the same pattern as my cars; they're all old :D

Main hack is this racer I scored on Freecycle and I've just give it a once over to tidy it up. This is as I got it:

IMG_2991.JPG

It's an unknown age Raleigh which I got to turn into a chop but it turned out to be too nice to chop up. Reynolds 531 frame, Flite saddle and some really light wheels. Maybe someone on here can identify it?

IMG_2997.JPG

I decided to barebones it, lick of paint and polish up the aluminium:

IMG_3000.JPG

I found an old rusty bike out in the street and turned it into a sort of 1920's board track bike:

P1010176.JPG

Sold that on eBay for not much and the new owner was dead chuffed with it.

And I've got my long term bit of fun which started out as a 70's shopper, lengthened, dropped, raked etc, gained a tank, who knows what I'll do with it next:

P1010109.JPG

Got a load of other stuff and junk bikes off Freecycle ready to turn into projects, can post more about them if anyone is interested :)

rad!

lovin that 20's inspired bike, only needed flames...

I have an 80's cruiser Im attempting to do a bit of that too, unfortunatley I have no real mechanical ability so its just getting parts bolted to it and polished occasionally... I do have a 50's girls 22" wheeled BSA bike that is a bit knacked that may well make an awesome/ridiculous rat-ish bike though... :)

Superb... Love the shopper. Used to use one as a pub bike, would have loved a cutom like that.

Back