My Old C16r

adamdom

Devout Dirtbag
Its finished!!!! :D . Its not the first bike ive ever built but it is the first mountain bike i ever bought. It had the chepest shimano group set on it when i got it in 1996 (Shimano Alivio) but still cost me nearly £500.... Over the years the kit got changed to mostly XT.
All the kit apart from the V-brakes, leavers, bars, front mech & Forks are from the original bike after i had finished with it. About 5 years ago it got striped down and used to build another bike (DMR Trailstar). The frame and forks (Rock Shock Quadra 21R's which now have a big hole in the side from corrosion) went in to the loft. I still have the original XT leavers but one of them is on the wifes bike so i had to get some more :( .
Then i January i came across this site and the built started :) . I cleaned up the original parts and got the rest from the For Sale and Wanted section. It needs some new pads, but still seams rides like a dream. Ive only done a mile but once i shake this crappy cold i will go further :p . Sorry about the crap pics i will get some better one on asap, along with a parts list. The forks are off a P7 and will be sprayed when the weather gets warmer.
What do you think????????

Attachments

• DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC00128.JPG
    DSC00128.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC00129.JPG
    DSC00129.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,672
that looks great- some really nice parts too- if I am going to be hyper critical, I would put on black grips, some x-lite bar ends and get rid of the computer magnet on the fork, those computers are evil anyway ;)

well done a really beautiful bike- go get her dirty you know she wants it :twisted:

clockworkgazz":3g0ubxnm said:
if I am going to be hyper critical,

well done a really beautiful bike- go get her dirty you know she wants it :twisted:

Nice, realy nice
Did you polish the fork?
I do not like the setback seatpost, that looks to modern

Love the wheelset, i would kill for that set right now ;)

They are x-lite, but i whish i still had the original orange ones :( . The computer was the first one i bought in 97/98 so had to go on...... Thanks for the comments though :D

The seat post is the original orange one. As for the forks they are from a P7 had a polished frame set, not painted. I will get them done to match though :)

adamdom":3uwtf5xs said:
The seat post is the original orange one. As for the forks they are from a P7 had a polished frame set, not painted. I will get them done to match though :)

i did not know, i do not know that much about orange,..i thought it was some modern "Moots like" setback seatpost
like the style of the forks

Back