1997 GT Zaskar 18" - update 12/03/09

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here is a quick photo of my new build, picked up the frame for 35 quid, (where were you lot - asleep!) off the bay, just shoved some parts on it to get an idea of what it looks like, the paint is crap, but will leave it at the mo, until i decide what im going ot do with it, in line for putting on this bike are a pair of hope wheelset, with 217's in a snowflake pattern, and a mixture of old school dx, and lx, until i decide further. Frame number is 01970710.

Ebay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0379063567

Attachments

• IMG_0001 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0001 [1024x768].JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 2,953
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
nice bike..!!
careful though, have heard of a few incidents of frames form 96-97 (zaskar and avalanche) cracked...
my 96 zaskar cracked at the headtube.

I was watching this.
The guy sent me some close up pics and offered it to me for 25 quid :)
I was only goig to clean it up and store it anyway so decided not to go for it in the end due to the amount of time it would take to clean up.
I'm glad its ended up on here with someone who can appreciate it at last :cool:

Rollup rollup, this is it so far, with a final build coming together, with only the inner and middle chainrings to add to get it fully road worthy, very quick to start

Attachments

• IMG_0034 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0034 [1024x768].JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 2,772
wot a bike for the money :shock: , glad it handled well- never really got the GT thing back in the day but these Zasks are kind of cool.

Back