1987 Kuwahara Cascade

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Halfway through the project: Thanks to Barryhurgandy for the freebie frame and hoegaardenadds1 for the bits.

Mountain LX groupset. NOS DX seatpost, not quite at maximum length!

Had to use round chainrings for now as the short BB has strange threads, otherwise the chainrings snag the rear brake. :shock:

Argos paint finish, needs touching up as it appears to be made of icing sugar. OriginalStem, would have been the same colour as the frame, metalic blue.

Quick ride was quite encouraging - will make a good summer bike when I wander around the coast. Tyres have been stored badly so they will have to go.

Lots of jobs to finish.

Attachments

• kuwahara1.jpg
    kuwahara1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 5,869
  • kuwahara2.jpg
    kuwahara2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 5,868
I'm really warming to this. Slopie TT but with lugs; Ubrake and long w.base; its from '87 and the stem is smashing too [why are there so few bikes from 86 and 87?].

Go to town on this: it's got about the most charm I've seen on here for ages. :cool:

great details and a very well balanced frame however i really don't like those early high rise stems- a 10 rise and flat bars would make it so much more race-like and uber sexy IMHO.

Nice bike but that seems to be a given these days with you-large cheese meister dude fella.

Tis nice :cool: always wanted a Kuwahara, albeit the BMX, and had an idea of a BMX inspired mtb anyway I digress. Looking forward to this one, are you planning anything decal wise?

Cheers for the comments! :oops: Makes oi blush...

Decals - theres various Kuwahara ones around on ebay, not sure yet.

Bars - hmmm... needs higher rise risers in silver

Tyres - big fat Tioga Factory in black to give it that BMXTB look

Watch this space...

Re:

Dear Sir,
I've got a vintage Kuwahara frame with rear brake at bottom bracket similar to what you have. The U-break set I have is not match the 26" rim but do well for the 24" rim. May I ask, what kind of U-break set installed in your bike. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8440 KWH.jpg
    IMG_8440 KWH.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,135
hello!

try this:

DSCF5679a.jpg

many modern BMX brakes will work too.

Latest posts

Back