Marin Indian Fire Trail - updated pics and parts

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Just picked this one up, was in local free ads paper, It was less than 3 miles away from me so went to investigate, I could not resist it, It has had a V barake upgrade I would imagine as it has a canti stop on the rear. Even so its a lovely ride with a frame begging to be polished :cool:

I know little about this beast Im guessing its a '95 model :?:

Here are some pics I took as it was getting dark, I will post some more later during the clean and tweak.

It has an XT Groupo with 8 speed sti shifters
White Industries Chainset
Nasty Slicks :roll:
Richey saddle
Mairin lite Bars, stem and seatpost
LX grey V brakes and Hubs
Mavic 517 rims
FSA Headset

Cheers

Latest setup rigid looks like ;

005-5.jpg

Update pic 2 Aug 09 now looks like this ;

July2009092.jpg

Original pics;

MarinIFT001.jpg

MarinIFT004.jpg

MarinIFT006.jpg

MarinIFT007.jpg

MarinIFT008.jpg

thats a nice find.

Marin at that time were trying to get their high end hardtails to look like the Answer/Manitou hartails.

It just needs the original White Ind front hub and some Manitous 3's.

sutty

like it, nice one!

sutty24":1y3ejcun said:
Marin at that time were trying to get their high end hardtails to look like the Answer/Manitou hartails.
might possibly be related to the fact that they licensed the answer suspension design.

Hiya GM look good on a serious note can you check the head tube where the cups press in as i have seen many frames with cracks there i hope yours is ok.

Ta Toad

toadoftoadhall":b657dfmn said:
Hiya GM look good on a serious note can you check the head tube where the cups press in as i have seen many frames with cracks there i hope yours is ok.

Ta Toad

Hey Toad,

All looks good, thanks for the info, This one has hardly done anything so should have some life in her left :cool:

Cheers

That's cool.

I really like the IFT frames with the CNC chain stay arch. A mate had one BITD with Manitou forks up front. :cool:

that is so nice- I would defo consider that for a future purchase, everyone is thinking it so I will just be rude and ask how much did you pay for that good looking bad boy :roll:

Back