My bikes

john the sparky

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
firstly....

my Diamond Back Apex, bought it in '94, cheap because the frame is sooo big,

it was my everything bike, but has moved down the ranks, and is now used for carrying kids, trailers etc....

(it looks worse because the seat is quite low... because I get scared with the kids seat on there!)

bikes008.jpg

bikes007.jpg

then my '95 Orange P7 XT

bikes005.jpg

bikes004.jpg

and finally my '94 Pace RC200F3... before I have done anything too it

bikes003.jpg

bikes001.jpg

hope they upload :roll:

John

I'm assuming you are a tall chap with long legs and a not so long body/arms? No I'm not taking the p**s, just an observation as you seem to like large frames, and have a very large outer ring on the Pace, but all your saddles are quite far forward. Nice collection of bikes, that P7 looks to be in top condition.

Pace and DB both got 48 tooth big rings, is this big :? orange is 44, and I thought this was small...... I thought 52 was big?

I went and looked at the seats, Pace seat I only fitted before I went out, and it was just off the painted stops on the rails... so I thought it was quite a way back :? Had a look at the P7 and that could move back a way, but it doesn't feel cramped, and not really gave it any thought before :?

so maybe I am a circus freak :shock:

I'm 6'1", and about 13.5 to 14 stone.... now (after losing a bit :shock: )
and I have got tree trunk legs :LOL: but didn't think my arms were that short :shock: :LOL: (why do I keep picturing a tyranosaurus rex with my head on it now :LOL: :LOL: )

thanks for the comments

John

Ha ha, John that made me laugh this morning!

No you are right that is not that big, but for some reason really looks it on the Pace in that photo.

I don't think the saddle is necessarily in the wrong place, but mine are all roughly "centred" in that the centre of the saddle is in line with the centre of the clamp on the seat post. Nothing wrong if it is the way you ride and is comfy.

Nice collection, especially like the Orange :cool:

48 outer is big to me :shock: , think the biggest i've used is a 46 but if i'm puting a chainset together i usualy go for 22-32-42.

No right or wrong with gearing though, depends on the terain where you ride ;)

When I was younger I used to run 24 36 48 but mow I run 24 36 46 or 22 32 44. Either I have less bravado than I used to, or my legs are not what they were!

Beautiful Orange and Pace my friend. A man of taste! :cool:

Back