My 1996 Ventana Marble Peak FS - Seeing Red

BikePimp

Retro Guru
Thought I would post a couple pics of my 96' Ventana Marble Peak FS.

About the only things I'll be doing to it is changing the Specialized Ti stem to a Syncros so that it matches the seat post. I'm also looking for a White Bros red suspension fork so that it matches the rest of the bike. I was running red Proshift V-Brakes, but they don't work as well as the XTRs.

HED wheels with Ti bladed spokes on Ringle Superbubba red hubs.

It's my fastest ride. About 25 lbs.

Attachments

• Ringle.jpg
    Ringle.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 5,167
  • VentanaMP2.jpg
    VentanaMP2.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 5,165
  • VentanaMP1.jpg
    VentanaMP1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 5,167
Hi BikePimp

A very neat looking FS if you ask me

You mind I move it to Reader's Bikes ?

(moved)

That's an extravagent frame, but I'd go easy on the red. Ask a woman for advice.

You remind me of the time when I bought my 98 Explosif (blue with red decals) and I mentioned to the guy that I had some red Z2s that I was going to put on it. His wife wasn't interested in bikes, but straight away she said 'do the two reds precisely match then?'

Women know about reds because they have to sort out the right lipstick when they're wearing a red dress, and it's a well-known fact (among women) that two reds need to be precisely identical if they're going to work alongside one another.

So she would have words to say already about those cranks. No. Nice cranks, but not there. No. Thrice No. And as for red forks, no, not on your Nelly.

When you've got an extravagant frame, give it black parts, so the eye is not drawn away from the frame. Ask a woman, seriously.

stew-b":xuqw6eh9 said:
personally i would respray the sids in a matching colour to the frame...

I thought about doing that, but the Ventana paint job on that frame is rather unique. It is a semi-transparent paint where you can see some of the aluminum in the background, almost looks like it's anodized. It plays tricks on your eyes. I have not seen that kind of paint on another frame. I think it would be somewhat hard to match a paint job.

I also have a couple of forks lying around that are not mounted on any bikes. I might try my 4" travel Hannebrink triple clamp fork in black or a Lawill Leader 3 just so it blends in better. The fork that's on it is fairly decent: a Sid Race Ti Dual Air but the blue is really bugging me...

Re: .

mrkawasaki":36r7kxje said:
Love Marble Peaks - always wanted one...

Mr K

me too...

when I bought my Titus Racer-X I was choosing between a Ventana and Titus...
The 350 US$ difference made me choose for the cheaper Titus....

Back