1992 GT Karakoram new pics - Pickle beware!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Sold a commuter bike to an an old aquaintance of mine, he was a bit short of cash so gave me this surpise in part ex.

:cool:

I loved this paint scheme from when I was yoof and did wonder whether to get one sometime. Shows how lousy my old camera is though... :evil:

The forks are off my previous GT tip finds, not sure whether to use these and the flip/flop stem yet.

might 'ugrade' to ahead forks and something...

Not sure if its a keeper, might work out too small. Paint is good except for the usual cable rub. Chain slap is non existant as a shark fin had been fitted upteen years ago. All the 'groove tube' bits are present and the original front mech is there.

was more than a bit surprised to find it had a replaceable mech hanger... :shock:

I think: Black tyres, seatpost, stem, forks, with as clean a frame as possible

Who thinks what?

Attachments

• Karakoram1.jpg
    Karakoram1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 9,159
  • Karakoram2.jpg
    Karakoram2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 9,158
  • Karakoram3.jpg
    Karakoram3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9,158
Nope – the Karakoram upwards had a replaceable hanger, like my '92 avalanche.

Really nice frames to be honest – ride very well indeed.

My Avalanche seems to end up getting more action than any other bike in the fleet.

Enjoy :cool:

Crayons":3saq4e34 said:

My Avalanche seems to end up getting more action than any other bike in the fleet.

Huh...maybe a european thing? I don't remember steel GT frame having replaceable hangers at all. :?

utahdog2003":1g9umlhd said:
Crayons":1g9umlhd said:

Huh...maybe a european thing? I don't remember steel GT frame having replaceable hangers at all. :?

mine had a replacable hanger

yep. my 92 karakoram had a replaceable hanger as well, the higher end gt's seem to have them, lovely bike that, shame my one was a bit too small

That is one GT I want to own.....especially in that colour scheme :cool:

Oh look, its an 18", far too small for you ;)

Back