Dave Yates Diabolo

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is a first look at it. Sorry about poor pictures. Have swapped emails with Dave Yates and this is what he has to say about it:

Hi Ed

Yes it is indeed a Diabolo number is 7316. Built for somebody called **** [name removed to protect the innocent!] and delivered 22/11/94. Thats all I can tell you about it other tham it is Columbus Cromor tube and 21 1/2" seat tube.

Cheers

Dave Yates

dave@daveyatescycles.co.uk

This is the one I got off Ebay for £180 and a couple of Retrobikers held off bidding against me (for which eternal thanks as I have always wanted one of these).

Attachments

• mini-Dave Yates Diabolo 001.jpg
    mini-Dave Yates Diabolo 001.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,952
  • mini-Dave Yates Diabolo 003.jpg
    mini-Dave Yates Diabolo 003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,952
well it's the longest I've got on any of my bikes - but then I always struggle to find any that fit...

I agree - it's the finishing touches that I really appreciate on this bike - like somebody's lovingly crafted it (which they have). The best bit is the fillet brazing - I love those smooth joins...

Went out in it this afternoon, never having ridden a rigid bike since about 1994 - b****y hell, I know why I went full suss for downhilly bits! I'd forgotten how much it hurts your hands and arms! It's so much better up hill though!

Noticed there's not much tyre clearance at the back though - it's got 2.1's and that leaves about 3mm either side of the stays!! Not much!

Back