Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
today's tip find...

Go on, we all had one of these or at least knew a mate who had one

BMX BB, Sachs bits and shimano thumbshifters.

and pitted chrome ;)

Attachments

• maverick.JPG
    maverick.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,659
People laugh at them, but there's still loads of these taking people to work.
Nice bit of history, looking good.

thats a good pic , remove some of the colour and it could easily be an authentic early 90s scanned in

chris is right there is at least one in every town with a guy with large glasses and questionable fashion sense . i remember having to put a chain on one a few years ago in the shop . you could pull the chain off the ring and see all of what was left of two teeth . he wasnt particularly happy that he needed chainrings and a freewheel too but they were probably original so long overdue a replacement :LOL:

Brill picture, i had a Raleigh Mustang SIS the evolution version of this bike !! :shock: yours has even got the MT Zefal pump clips on the top tube, quality, :D

My first "proper" bike. So, so heavy. It was a beast to get up any incline no matter how little :LOL:

I ended up bending the front end after I had an arguement with a piece of concrete that some idiot had "hidden" in a stream at the bottom of a downhill section. At least it made the fork straight! Bust my very cool multi-coloured vetta helmet as well.

this must have been the luxury version as its got a real shimano alu mech, the front is an alu sachs and sexy wideboy alu rims.

here it is again after a flouro style spruce up:

Attachments

• flouro maverick.jpg
    flouro maverick.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,559
Back