1994 Kona Cindercone SingleSpeed (White *shocker*)

Surfr

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well it's been a long time coming. Here's the final build photos of the Cindercone SS.

3278123175_3a43438ce6_b.jpg

3278126441_f107c10d90_b.jpg

3278952590_0ddfc5ace1_b.jpg

3278955854_f271783e14_b.jpg

Yes I know I need to take a few more links out of the chain. And, no I can't remove the inner ring from the front chainset. I'll probably pick up a 110 BCD 4 hole ring somewhere at some point but for now it works.

Not had a chance for a proper ride out yet but hopefully tomorrow (off to pub for Rugby all-dayer in a minute).

Spec:

Frame: 1994 Kona Cindercone

Fork: Grey Project Two Tripple Butted

Headset: Kona Impact
Stem: Kona Velocity apparently
Handlebar: Marin Ovation riser
Grips: Kona Jack Shit

Brakes: Deore Vs
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Cables: Shimano M SYstem
Brake Levers: Unbranded

Chain: Miche 1/8 track chain
Cranks: Cyclone 32/22
Bottom Bracket: Whatever came with frame
Pedals: M520 SPDs

Hub Skewers: Deore
Rims: Deore
Hubs:
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: IRC BackCountry 2.25"

Saddle: Bontrager
Seatpost: Tioga
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Cool!

Think I've just found the tyres I'll be using on the next build!

Sort that rear cable out though!!

Need to get some nokon for the rear V brake. at the moment, I need this length of cable to keep it running smoothly. It's ok, even if it looks a little odd.

I fancied a blast on the SS today so I decided to take 2 links out of the chain before setting off. It turns out that this made the chain so tight that the tensioner was almost redundant. Took a bit of persuasion to pop the chain onto the sprocket but once it was on it was rock solid! Maybe it'll stretch over time. After a couple miles the little bridge on the on-one style tensioner kept catching on the frame so I removed the whole unit. 10 miles later and it's perfect and quiet :D

3444851278_5bb48d8ab2_b.jpg

Back