alinestars alpine lx

trigg

Dirt Disciple
1990 alpine lx powder coated, with a few fresh bits...now i can move on... i have the white bike thing out of my system.

Attachments

• alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 956
that looks very nice and agree the forks look great- decals, black seatpost and black or indeed white saddle would IMHO make it look proper bo :cool:

well done on a nice build.

Looks like all the cables are waaaay too long. It's tempting to er on the long side, I know, but those look silly and will cause lotsa drag. Also, saddle = wrong. Other than that it's nice.

drag

yeah.. and i couldnt put my finger on it... lotsa drag.. the cables are too long and slowing me down. All that extra weight too... damn.

Cable drag as in friction of inners against outers. Shorten the cables and things will both look neater and work better. The excess length makes the arcs of the cables less smooth (see r/mech) and simply adding all that unnecessary extra area of inner rubbing on outer makes matters worse too, obviously. That's all.

yup

i do apreciate your views, that your knowledge on this subject is greater than mine and i, relatively new to re building bikes except your input gratefully. and yes, over long cables look a bit stupid...

I'm certainly no great authority on bike set-up or anything, just pretty anal when it come to finishing touches. Neat, short-as-possible-while-still-giving-smooth-curves cables are also less likely to catch branches.

Happy riding.

Back