1992 Kona Hei Hei - And an introduction from me. New pic up.

Panza

Old School Hero
Hello everyone!

I just found this forum and it's everything I ever wanted in a bike forum :D

I live in Norway and have been into mountainbiking since about 1989. Roadbiking since 1991 or 1992. Since 1997 or so I have been doing mostly road riding with the occasional mud-tour. As far as racing goes I have been doing mostly road races with about 1-2 MTB races each year (some years none at all). And one World-cup downhill :D In 1994 I think.

Anyway, here is my mtb:
1992 Kona Hei Hei bought directly from the factory. Definitely first Hei Hei in Norway.
There is not much left of the original components as the years have taken their toll. What is left is the hubs, front deraileur and handlebars.
Rock Shox Mag 21 SL Ti
MRC Ti seatpost
Kona Ti bar
Ritchey stem
Shimano XTR 8-speed components of various age
XTR 959 pedals
M900 crankset

Very poor picture. I will get a better one sooon:
If anyone have any NOS 1996-ish Mapei non-bib short I need them ;)

Hei, and welcome. Good to see a bit more input from the scandics.
Look forward to pics of your bike.

That's now the second-oldest Hei Hei in my picture collection. Nice to think of a retro bike with Mag 21s still being raced against the modern stuff.

Here's a better picture. The bike is a little dirty as I haven't washed it since autumn and I use it in the winter too.
I'm just 180km north of you rienster :)

I forgot the bar-ends: Onza MT-74A or MT-74T if you wish. I remember they were pretty expensive back in -94. BUT they have lasted through 17 years of use/abuse and are just as good as new, so I feel the price/km of riding is pretty good.

Notice #1: The "OK" sticker from a well-known magazine :)
Notice #2: Above the rear wheel, what is that ? 10p to the one guessing the make. It's not a Colnago.

Attachments

• HeiHei-01.jpg
    HeiHei-01.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2,520
Back