How to build up my 1992 Litespeed Elevated?

How to build up my 1992 Litespeed Elevated?

• Setup 1 - Ritchey fork, ATAC stem, yellow Taperlite bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Setup 2- Ritchey fork, ATAC stem, black Hyperlite bar

• Setup 3 - Ritchey fork, ControlTech stem, black Hyperlite bar

• Setup 4 - Syncros fork, stem and handlebar

• Something else - what ?

• Total voters

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Please help me to decide how to build up my '92 Litespeed Elevated! It will have a complete XTR M900 gruppo including headset and seatpost. Original Flite + onZa tyres & barends will be used as well. The main problem is fork+stem+handlebar setup. Which way to go?

Note: That Ritchey Logic fork would be repainted BLACK.

Setup 1
setup1.jpg

Setup 2
setup2.jpg

Setup 3
setup3.jpg

Setup 4
setup4.jpg

Or should I use something else, like Rock Shox Mag 20 or Manitou 1 suspension fork ?

I'd go for a Manitou 1 fork, I think it'd look great on this bike. Since the forks are grey and all. Maybe a MAG20 but I think the gold legs wouldn't look too great... Otherwise, stick with the Syncros forks because to be honest I personally think that Ritchey fork looks cr*p with the frame :oops:

Void(EN12-82)

Shamus":yc653k8k said:
I like Syncros also...
or get some nice and cheap Litespeed fork :D

Like this one, from the 1991 Litespeed catalogue? Needs the matching stem, bars and post too...

Nice frame. Spaced for 1" or 1 1/8" forks?

Attachments

• ls_estay.jpg
    ls_estay.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,159
If you ask me...Syncros fork, stem and yellow Taperlite bar would by funky (if the yellow is comparable to the color of the decals and not neon yellow?) :cool:

Cheers ;)

+

Hi mate!
I´d go for the 4th setup, but the ti forks would go great, you know who has got some of them :LOL:

posh26":2vvpqrb2 said:
yellow Taperlite bar would by funky (if the yellow is comparable to the color of the decals and not neon yellow?) :cool:

The bar is neon yellow and doesn't quite match the decals (which I hoped).

Maybe yellow forks (get some resprayed) I think you need something chunkier than the Ritcheys though... I think a GT rigid fork would suit chunky but with a bit of a curve.

and a yellow stem (maybe Kore or control tech?) to match the decals.

The Syncros is best in the pics above, I think the Answer stem possibly has too much rise.

Back