GT Pantera Original Spec Refurb

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi guys did post before that I just purchased a GT Pantera off eBay for £80, included it in my 16" Zaskar BB Post but I've now had the bike delivered and think it deserves a post of it's own.

Heres a couple of pics of the bike straight out of the box.

It's got STX all round and is in pretty good condition, bit grubby thats all

Can anyone identify the possible age of it for me.

Serial No on the BB Shell is SAS6C2013

Will post some more pics of the strip down and some early part cleaning

Pics - Nice and grubby BUT it's all there

Attachments

• CIMG1281.JPG
    CIMG1281.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,001
  • CIMG1283.JPG
    CIMG1283.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 4,001
  • CIMG1282.JPG
    CIMG1282.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 3,988
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,989
Here's the frame partially stripped. Pic also of one of the brakes I've cleaned with soapy water. Still got the STX decal on them. Think they'll come up lovely for the refurb

Will post some more pics of the build in process

Can anyone confirm the age. Also where would I be able to source correct year Decals?

Attachments

• CIMG1291.JPG
    CIMG1291.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,996
  • CIMG1292.JPG
    CIMG1292.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 3,996
Looks like a good find, bit of polish and it will come up a good one.

Will that be the sofa you will be sleeping on for taking a bike into the living room ?

I'll be around later to collect it. I can read your address on the boxes.

See my post's been moved from the Chat forum to pre 1997 Readers Bikes. Does this mean that somebody can date it?

Also need a set of new year correct decals. Anybody?

Just had a look on Bikepedia

Think it may be possible a 1996 due to the inclusion of a Kore Stem BUT this may have been added by a previous owner. Saddles the same spec as found on the 1997 model but this bike doesn't have V Brakes

Any GT Experts that can correctly identify the age better than my Google detective work

TheGreenRabbit":kbulp86a said:
Will that be the sofa you will be sleeping on for taking a bike into the living room ?

Thats not the living room, it's the conservatory. Very posh here in the UK :cool:

Gadro":1tgkg7o3 said:
See my post's been moved from the Chat forum to pre 1997 Readers Bikes. Does this mean that somebody can date it?

Also need a set of new year correct decals. Anybody?

You'd originally placed this thread in the For Sale forum ;)

Its a 1996 model, decals are correct and spec is original. I think in 1997 they went over to V's.

Cleaning up the frame finish should be easy, start of with Autosol and finish with Brasso :cool:

Back