Mongoose Amplifier. (FINISHED - Pics on page 2)

TSC.

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A work in progress.

Just picked up this Amplifier frame & forks from tiboltrider123 this morning, so with the limited tools I still have (where did all my tools go??) I set about building up what I could.

Many thanks to Tim for the frame, forks, seatpost, aheadset, BB, & Gripshifts. Not forgetting a thanks to Kaiser for the stem.

The rest of the build will be done by my local bike shop, who will also be trimming down my Magura hoses as they are straight out of the box & I don't want to mess about with getting them bled properly. Will probably get the steerer cut down soon aswell, but I'll see what it rides like first - I hate stacks of washers with a passion.

TSmongoose2.jpg

Cheers guys,

TSC.

that is a cracking frame and I love the control tech stuff, just right. Don't know if I love the spins- not sure if they go on the bike but then again, I never really liked them on anything really so don't pay any attention to me anyway.......

I'll just get my coat :roll:

lookin mean buddy :cool: not a spin fan either but they do look right there :D nice and bad ass

That's going to look mean when it's finished :cool:

check your rear booster won't clout the seat tube at full compression.......I speak from experience of Maguras on other full suss frames. :evil:

jango":1xy07sh1 said:
check your rear booster won't clout the seat tube at full compression.
Good call & thanks for the heads up. Looking at the picture it doesn't seem to leave a lot of clearance. I'll slacken off the shock & give it a look.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll get some more pictures up when it's all sorted & finished.

TSC.

EDIT: Have taken of the Magura boosters, took the rear one off as it does look like it could do some damage to the seat tube under full load. I have taken off the front brace because it just looks weird on it's own.

Back