My Yeti FRO Rasta

clockd

Retro Guru
hi everyone,
bit of a lurker, here is my 17" Yeti Fro from 1991 i think as it has a serial number 1784 (i think)

specs:
fork: Tange switchblade
Wheels: mavic 261's to pulstar hubs
stem: titec at present
bars: Hyperlite
Seat: vetta sp
grips: yellow yeti's
Crankset: campagnolo unknown
BB: shimano un70
Headset: Chris king
Derailleurs an shifters: M900 xtr
cassette: hg70 8 speed
pedals: Look

I always loved the yeti's from an early age, these are difficult to find in New Zealand but really worth the patience. this is built to ride and it has been ridden a few times.
i had it repainted in rasta colours (always wanted a rasta bike) stickers were from the famous gil_m. the ride is a bit different with the switchblades on it. however accutrax are not the easiest fork to find.
The ride is stretched out and comfortable, not great for technical stuff with the narrow bars and the long stem.

Attachments

• 01 112.jpg
    01 112.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,777
:cool: would love to see some more pics, always nice to see a different slant on things.

I do like that :cool:

Like kaiser it would be nice to see some more pics.

I always like a good side on pic ;)

Chris.

more pictures

thanks for looking, i have taken some better pics hopefully.

sorry about the car in shots

Attachments

• 01 202.jpg
    01 202.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,638
  • 01 201.jpg
    01 201.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,637
  • 01 200.jpg
    01 200.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,637
  • 01 203.jpg
    01 203.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,637
Is that a 350Z? Does the bike fit in easily?

Nice Yeti by the way. I was thinking when looking at the black one a few posts away that you can paint a FRO any way you like and it looks like a good bike - something to do with the geometry and proportions, I guess.

I've got #268 if my memory serves ...

hi
it's my 350z and no you can't actually fit anything inside it... maybe a wheelset.

i decided to paint it rasta because i always wanted a bike this way, i have other bikes that are original specs that i must get around to posting

might return it to original in the years to come....
thanks for the comments :)

Back