1993/94 Kona Hot Part 2

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So,
I have finally built the Hot up as a SS dirt lover.
Took it out for a spin at the local trail, a little muddy, but hey, that is what it's all about. Right?
Anywho, this is just a rough draft of things to come.
I will be getting the frame repainted soon.
New sticker kit from Gil. Thanks Gil.
It has some modern parts but I do have the original Kona Ti Seatpost so if I can find a nice Ti Stem to match then back on it goes.
I am thinking of keeping the same color.
I do have a new P2 that will be added when it gets the repaint.
Any feedback is welcome.
Cheers from sunny, HA!, Seattle.

Attachments

• IMG_4382_1_1.JPG
    IMG_4382_1_1.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,293
  • IMG_4481_1_1.JPG
    IMG_4481_1_1.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • IMG_4482_1_1.JPG
    IMG_4482_1_1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,289
kase1983":3ts0t789 said:
lovely bike.

everytime i see a hot i feel bad for mine shoved in my parents shed! lol. :D

If it's 17" or 18" send it here if you think it needs a nicer home. I'll care for it and feed it well...... :LOL:

GearlessinSeattle":bx17e7ev said:
So,
I have finally built the Hot up as a SS dirt lover.
Took it out for a spin at the local trail, a little muddy, but hey, that is what it's all about. Right?
Anywho, this is just a rough draft of things to come.
I will be getting the frame repainted soon.
New sticker kit from Gil. Thanks Gil.
It has some modern parts but I do have the original Kona Ti Seatpost so if I can find a nice Ti Stem to match then back on it goes.
I am thinking of keeping the same color.
I do have a new P2 that will be added when it gets the repaint.
Any feedback is welcome.
Cheers from sunny, HA!, Seattle.
Do you mean it's sunny enough to melt the snow?

Didn't we go into this one before? It's definitely a 1993 frame with 1994 decals and didn't we establish that it's got a TET number so it's definitely a Hot? If that's all correct, then it was designed for a shorter P2 than that 97 one, and with such a fork would be 2cm lower at the front and have sharper handling.

No way I'd repaint that from what I can see, very nice looking bike indeed.

Anthony,
I emailed Tom T. and what he said, and I must say he was very vague about it, was that it was built in very late 93 or very early 94. He could not tell me for sure. He did say that the Disc Tab was added later, that he did not put it on. He did mention that the frame was not painted in his shop, that he sent the frames raw to Washington. My only guess, and it is a guess, is that it was made in 93, sent to Wa, sat around, pulled out, disc tab added and painted in 94. I talked to a fellow that I bought a team jacket from, see photo, and he told me that the color frame that I had was team issue in 94. Not sure if he is right but he lived in Bellingham in 92-96 and knew biked with a lot of Kona crew. That is how he got the jacket.
I love playing Detective.
As far as the blue Kooka's, I am thinking of red cranks and hubs if I can find some.:)
I know the fork is not correct but it is a lot better then the Manitou that came with it when purchased.:) I found a NOS P2 from 95 that I think will work but they guy that has it cut the steerer down, decided not to use it and it sat. Not sure if there is going to be enough length.
Thanks for the comments. When it is done, hopefully by summer, I will repost.
Cheers,
Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_4386_1_1.JPG
    IMG_4386_1_1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,153
Back